Manly v Titans [Round 23 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So what happened? Lyon on report but no charge to answer so Bird is now charged instead for faking and bringing the game into disrepute and fooling a horse?

Just watched the replay and the two areas of our game we still haven't fixed 1)stopping offloads 2) Catching the ball from a short kickoff :s

Their last try was totally caused by 3 Manly Players tackling a player who just flicked the ball back - but our guys were still unaware of where the ball was :mad:

Wombat Legacy said:
mozgrame said:
Bird is a dirty, stinking, lying sack of dog sh1t. Always has been. Always will be. "I didn't glass her, my friend did! OK...I did, but i'm sorry".

Greg Bird = a chunk of sh1t. End of the story.

Greg Bird is a champion

You used your 19th post here to expound this pearl.

Well done.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You control who your adult daughter dates? Seriously?
And you think it's fine to fabricate lies about sportsmen just because their cases were played out in public?
I'm sure Brett Stewart agrees with your point of view.
If Bird has apologised for the glassing, just cite your source or post the link. It can't be that hard, can it?

you must have forgotten , that his own room mate called his solicitor after bird asked him to take the wrap....

also how convenient that she dropped all charges and then quickly after the court case they were no longer together...

You are entitled to believe what you want and have an opinion on the matter , but i prefer to be realistic and not live in the dark ages when it was ok to raise your hand on a female...

either way the guy is a tosser , steroid junkie and should not have the privilege to wear any NRL jersey.

Why would he apologise ?? i know his dumb but can he be that stupid to give himself up.... his girl at the time must of been drunk and as she was brushing her teeth she tuck her tooth brush in her eye and was rushed to hospital ( obviously you prefer to believe a story like that )

COMMANDER said:
Wombat Legacy said:
mozgrame said:
Bird is a dirty, stinking, lying sack of dog sh1t. Always has been. Always will be. "I didn't glass her, my friend did! OK...I did, but i'm sorry".

Greg Bird = a chunk of sh1t. End of the story.

Greg Bird is a champion

You used your 19th post here to expound this pearl.

Well done.
Personally, I can't stand Bird, but he is a very gutsy footballer who plays well above his weight. My post count will probably ebb and flow in the low levels because I am more of a reader than poster, and have had a month off work. Cheers

panash said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
You control who your adult daughter dates? Seriously?
And you think it's fine to fabricate lies about sportsmen just because their cases were played out in public?
I'm sure Brett Stewart agrees with your point of view.
If Bird has apologised for the glassing, just cite your source or post the link. It can't be that hard, can it?

you must have forgotten , that his own room mate called his solicitor after bird asked him to take the wrap....

also how convenient that she dropped all charges and then quickly after the court case they were no longer together...

You are entitled to believe what you want and have an opinion on the matter , but i prefer to be realistic and not live in the dark ages when it was ok to raise your hand on a female...

either way the guy is a tosser , steroid junkie and should not have the privilege to wear any NRL jersey.

Why would he apologise ?? i know his dumb but can he be that stupid to give himself up.... his girl at the time must of been drunk and as she was brushing her teeth she tuck her tooth brush in her eye and was rushed to hospital ( obviously you prefer to believe a story like that )
I never said he wasn't a tosser, but that's not the point.

Also he admitted asking his flatmate to take the blame. Again, not the point.
(And by the way, she didn't drop the charges, you made that bit up.)

The point is whether he was guilty of glassing her, and whether he ever apologised. Fact is he always denied it and he was found not guilty in the District Court.

By defending mozgrame's post you are just as guilty as he is of turning sloppy gossip into popular truth. Maybe you don't realise that people still heckle Brett Stewart as though he was guilty? What you are doing is the same thing, and the fact we may like Brett and dislike Bird is irrelevant.

Here you go...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/greg-birds-glassing-conviction-quashed/story-e6frf9if-1225803707567?nk=fa0307640186835d238fc08186e97180

NRL star Greg Bird has had his conviction quashed for glassing his girlfriend Katie Milligan, but not before a judge described the pair's lies as "extremely foolish".

Judge Michael Finnane said he believed the versions given by the pair at the appeal hearing, who had said Ms Milligans were caused accidentally and without any malice.

He accepted that it was a highly agitated Ms Milligan, high on a cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol, threatened to strike her boyfriend in anger.

He also accepted Bird's claim that he had simply grabbed his girlfriend's wrists in a bid to prevent injury to himself.

"In my opinion Mr Bird did not in any way deliberately act to cause any injury to Ms Milligan," Judge Finnane said.

"Unfortunately, perhaps because he's stronger than her, her wrist was forced backwards, perhaps she pulled her wrist backwards, (or) perhaps both things happened.

He also said Ms Milligan "should be commended" for showing "courage" in revealing her agitated and antagonistic behaviour on the night in question.

Bird was found guilty in the local court earlier this year of recklessly wounding the American paralegal in a drunken fight in August 2008.

Outside the court, Bird told reporters he was "extremely relieved" at the result.

"This has been a very very tough and arduous journey ... a weight has been lifted off our shoulders," he said.

He especially thanked his family, friends and loyal fans who had stuck by him.

Bird and Milligan did not give evidence at the original hearing but, stunned by the conviction and minimum eight month jail term, both wanted to testify about what had taken place at the District Court appeal.

Both said the whole thing was an accident, Ms Milligan accepting "full responsibility" for concocting the lies that saw them both blame their flatmate, golfer Brent Watson, for the incident.

Judge Finnane also dismissed a charge against Bird of making a false accusation against his flatmate, Mr Watson, finding he only went along with Ms Milligan's story so himself did not have the intent required to prove the charge.

After Judge Finnane left the bench, Ms Milligan looked close to tears as she embraced her boyfriend, followed shortly by tears and more hugs from family and friend

Greg Bird is a liar. He lies to get his desired outcome, you only have to look at the way he plays the game to see that. Neither you nor I were there to witness the event. Nor was the judge and that makes it a very winnable case, once everyone gets there story straight. Does Greg admit a partial responsibility to the incident, seeing as he is the one that grabbed her wrist to defend himself??

If I were to attempt to glass you SER8, do you really believe the act of simply grabbing my wrist would result in me crashing the glass into my own face??? It's all ridiculous and simply boils down to the fact that all parties involved came to a decision to stick to a story, no matter how unbelievable, claim no hard feelings between them and nothing could stick.

I know a judge quashed his conviction, but it doesn't take much to connect the dots. In my opinion, he is a liar. A teller of untruths. He lied his way through the whole court process, and he lies constantly on the field. THAT is the point I was making.

Your problem with me stems from disagreements months back SER8. I thought they were dead and buried? You obviously hold a grudge. Sadly for you. Do me a favour Jack, don't bother replying to any of my posts again and we can both get on with enjoying life.

You are reading too much into it if you think this is about more than what you posted in this thread. If you look at my posting history you will see I make a habit of challenging posters (not just you) who make statements about players guilt that are at odds with reported fact.

As for your comment above - well I'm sure you agree with those who know what Brett really did to that girl. Who cares what the stupid court decided, the court only got to hear the actual evidence, we on the other hand know exactly what happened, based on our life experience and a few bucketloads of gossip and prejudice.

You were there were you mate? You know for a fact that the court was presented with the absolute truth (no matter how eventually). You witnessed the event with your own eyes, and you are certain that the court got the correct version of events. Well then, fair enough.

I bet you believe there are absolutely no innocent people in gaol either. No one serving time for crimes they didn't actually commit. The courts and their rulings are always correct aren't they? The entire process is infallible isn't it??

Curiously, although most consider him a grub on the field, those who know Greg Bird consider him a pretty good bloke.

Maybe there are too forgiving or perhaps enablers. Maybe they know him better than people who form their opinions based on media reports and eighty minutes of football a week. Who knows.

Mozgrame fyi I work in criminal courts and I know some guilty people get off and some innocent ones get convicted.
By all means say that you mistrust the verdict (although if you didn't hear the evidence, your mistrust is based on ...?)
However its still wrong to say he admitted glassing her, which was your original comment that I queried.

Lol, not exactly, but I once had a job as a cleaner.
And I'd never sue anyone for making a joke (unless it wasn't funny)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7