MANLY V ST MERGE [Round 19 2014] 21-7-14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
St Merge is the team we have the worst record against by far. 21 games for only 7 wins = 33.33% record. And we only have won 2 of 10 away games against them.

Dugan is the big danger here, we need to mark him very closely. No Merrin helps us, as does having Choc back.

Interesting to see Lui dropped to bench for T-Red, i thought he was going pretty good since starting in Choc's absence. Maybe they want a left edge player to replace Horo, hence Symonds getting the nod.

Hopefully the 10 day break has freshened up DCE and he turns one on for us.

About the only friend I still have from aust (meaning the only one who emails) is a st merge fan....so I really hope we win this one for bragging rights!

Chip and Chase said:
St Merge is the team we have the worst record against by far. 21 games for only 7 wins = 33.33% record. And we only have won 2 of 10 away games against them.

Dugan is the big danger here, we need to mark him very closely. No Merrin helps us, as does having Choc back.

Interesting to see Lui dropped to bench for T-Red, i thought he was going pretty good since starting in Choc's absence. Maybe they want a left edge player to replace Horo, hence Symonds getting the nod.

Why do people think starting from the bench is a bad thing for a player?

It probably just means that T-reds hole running is what is required in this game or that bringing Lui on against a tiring forward pack is better for us. Or both.

GAME: DRAGONS V SEA EAGLES DATE: MONDAY 21ST JULY, 2014
VENUE: WIN JUBILEE OVAL NRL KICK OFF: 7.00PM [FOX]
REFEREE: Gavin Badger VIDEO REFEREES: Ashley Klein
ASSIST REFEREE: Henry Perenara Paul Mellor
TOUCH JUDGES: Nick Beashel EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
Brett Suttor MATCH DAY COACH: Russell Smith
STANDBY TJ: Lawrence McDonell JERSEY COLOUR: Pink

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=0-6623-0-0-0&sID=108355&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=30554866

does brett suttor referee any more games or is he just a side line doofus now?

Should that be

GAME: DRAGONS V SEA EAGLES DATE: MONDAY 21ST JULY, 2014
VENUE: WIN JUBILEE OVAL NRL KICK OFF: 7.00PM [FOX]
REFEREES: Gavin Badger ASSIST REFEREE: Ashley Klein
VIDEO REFEREES: Henry Perenara Paul Mellor
TOUCH JUDGES: Nick Beashel EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
Brett Suttor MATCH DAY COACH: Russell Smith
STANDBY TJ: Lawrence McDonell JERSEY COLOUR: Pink

Mark from Brisbane said:
Won't be able to watch this one or even get the score, will be at Carnavon Gorge NP, no phone / Internet / TV.......I am going to have to get a Satelite dish for next years trip!!!

That's good Mark, when you don't watch we generally win ;)

Stevo said:
Chip and Chase said:

It probably just means that T-reds hole running is what is required in this game or that bringing Lui on against a tiring forward pack is better for us. Or both.

I think if you ask most players they would prefer to start.

Especially in this freezing winter - they must really suffer cooling down on the bench, after warming up for 30 minutes :(

For you bushwhackers - ABC Radio will broadcast the game or listen online (at work)-
http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/rugbyleague/audio/

I'm really hoping Choc is refreshed and raring to go.

I hope he has a real 5-star performance and leads the way.

Also hoping Skivy isn't distracted by all this latest speculation around!

It feels like we're building to something special again...We just can't take the Merge lightly, despite our ''comfortable'' position.

NRL.Com preview are tipping the Dragons to win in an upset.

The Way We See It: With history and form behind them the Dragons wouldn't look out of place if they ended up in the winner's circle again to make it five from six and continue their resurgence under coach 'Mary' McGregor. Manly are suspicious on Monday nights having lost four of their last ten in the closing game of the round and were lucky to get away with the win against the Knights (15-14) in Round 10’s Monday night fixture. Considering they snuck away with the win the last time they faced the Dragons (coincidentally on a Monday night) the Sea Eagles may slip up and fall to a 2-6 record away from Brookvale in 2014. We’re calling an upset – Dragons by two.

http://www.nrl.com/dragons-v-sea-eagles-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/80285/default.aspx

Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:
Chip and Chase said:

I think if you ask most players they would prefer to start.

Unless you come on and score 2 tries in 5 mins like T-red did a few weeks ago against a tiring pack.

HappilyManly said:
For you bushwhackers - ABC Radio will broadcast the game or listen online (at work)-
http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/rugbyleague/audio/
LOL! On the subject of Bushwackers, I'm with a Mineral Exploration mob. In late May we were working in the western desert, NT/WA border, no mobile, no Inet.
Finally, days later, a chopper flew in, I asked the pilot,
who won the Manly-Knights game?
he said Manly 15-14. Phew.
It really bugged me not knowing. Haha ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6