Manly v Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like the fact the media (and a lot people) are writing us off as just puffing into week 3 (which to an extent is true). Can you imagine Tooves ripping into the troops.......everyone just thinks souffs have to turn up to roll you guys?

Can you imagine Foran running around the troops saying to Kite and Lawrence...are you going to put up with the media saying you are cannon fodder for the burgess boys?

Matai and Watmough smacking each other around and challenging each other to smash their opposites??

A little melodramatic, yep. But we are a real chance, we've been to week 3 (since 07) 4 times, and failed to make the GF only once.

I look at our team and just get filled with confidence.
Killer - Best centre in the game by a mile
Matai/Watmough - tough sons of ....
Foran and DCE - best halves in the comp
Kite - Clive Churchill Medallist
Gift - most talented backrower in the comp
Lawrence/Horo - practically grown another leg

WE CAN DO IT!!

I would be very surprised if Snake has already been ruled out. The media will love another week of speculation around his availability.

MK Eagle said:
panash said:
1st time we played souths this year we played sharks on Sunday then the bunnies on friday , they were coming off a loss to melbourne.( sat - fri )

2nd time we played souths this year we played warriors on sunday then the bunnies on friday , once again they were coming off a loss to melbourne. ( fri - fri )

both games they had extra break than us , as again this week coming.

however we get 7 days this time , we are tired and little wounded but i still think we have a great chance. hopefully snake is back !!

MK Eagle said:
The fact Souths had a week off is not always as good as ppl think.
Often teams after the break take a while to warm into a game & the side who has slugged it out in tough week to week games can grow & have more momentum learning how to win in tight situations.
The key to next week is a good start, as the fatigue factor can be far more easily overcome mentally when in the fight.
Basically , it will be almost impossible to win if manly trail by 8 next week.
After hearing Snake will again be unavailable its a very tough assignment, but history shows experienced teams can overcome adversity & though Souths have been great in 2013, could buckle under the pressure at this time of year.

hey mate...

is that confirmed ?? brett out next week

I believe till the GF if we get there mate.
Pretty inconspicuous how it happened as he left the field against Storm looking fine after scoring a try??

When he went off against Melbourne he sat on the interchange bench for a couple of minutes and twice put his head in his hands. I couldn't tell from where I was sitting whether it was fatigue or disappointment with aggravating scar tissue in his hamstring. He then went to the sheds and got his right hamstring strapped. He was moving as freely as I've seen him all season during that match .At the Diabetes Ball earlier in the year he said he couldn't dance because of his "dodgy hamstring". Unfortunately scar tissue can just keep tearing resulting in chronic pain best managed with a modified training programme.

HappilyManly said:
Manly is due a win over Souths - I believe, that Manly believe, that it is a viable option :cool:

Plus we will have all of Queensland cheering Manly on, to stop the 'Souths GF Conspiracy' by the NRL :p

I think the conspiracy was twofold. One was to have Souths win the GF to make it a 'fairytale ending'. That's still on track. The other one a Souths vs Rooster GF can't and probably won't happen because then their agenda will be exposed. Or part of it. So Newcastle who won illegally tonight will probably toss the roosters in a major upset. There was a professional foul committed tonight right in front of the posts scores were 18-16 but strange only the refs and video refs and linesmen missed it. Should have been a kick to equal scores and a sin bin. Commentators and all the nation saw it. Manly don't really stand a chance with the refs backing Souths all the way. Souths cannot lose. But I think the roosters will be a shock loss to make it look as if there's no conspiracy then Souths will win the GF as orchestrated all year.

I really wish Manly would win next week but Souths have all the officials on their side. Manly can't win against those odds but I would love to be proved wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2