Manly V Souths [Round Finals Week 3 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boyd Cordner ruled out for Roosters

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/blow-for-sydney-roosters-as-boyd-cordner-ruled-out-of-preliminary-final-against-newcastle-knights/story-fndv38w0-1226728559877

3 reasons why we can win

1) They don't do pressure very well, solid defence will see their game plan fall apart.
2) The week off will work against them
3) They don't get more than an even share of the penalties ( unlike the previous occasion s we played)

3 reasons why we won't win

1) The last two weeks will catch up with us especially from the 60th minute
2) We pick up a major injury to a key player
3) The Pinkies have pre-determined who will win and crucify us in the penalty count in the first 60 mins ( evening it up when it doesnt matter at the end)

To be honest i have no idea which way this game is going to go. There are plenty of reasosn why we can will, and others why we cant.

Put it this way, by 9.30pm tonight, we will know. (hopefully its positive ;) )

So long as it isn't a repeat of the 2012 prelim final debacle vs Storm. Surprised the media this week weren't all over this angle.

Our Forwards hold they key . If they do their job then our backs will open them up . We can win this one .

I think I've found us the winning game plan.

Remove the rabbit kidneys and liver and set aside. Chop the rabbit into pieces: remove the front and back legs and cut each in half, and chop the body or saddle into 5 pieces. Place the rabbit pieces, kidneys and liver in a large bowl and add the wine, half the bay leaves and the whole garlic. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning the meat a few times.

Strain off the marinade liquid and reserve. Discard the garlic and bay leaves.

Preheat the oven to 150°C. Heat the oil in a heavy-based ovenproof pot and gently brown the rabbit on all sides until well sealed and golden. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pot.

Add the onion and chopped garlic to the pot and fry until beginning to soften. Add the tomato paste and marinade liquid and cook for a minute. Add the tomato puree and water and mix well. Return the rabbit to the pot and add the potatoes and remaining bay leaves. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat, cover with a lid and bake for 2½–3 hours.

You want to know how to cook rabbit, then talk to Glenn Close. No-one cooks rabbit like her.

I'm sure 2V and the boy's have more than a little up there sleeves. Kite to be MOM and prove why he is up there with the greats that have pulled on a Manly jersey.

GOOOOOOOOOO MANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I mentioned in a previous post Des Hasler devised an effective gameplan against Souths : Walker/Farrell sometimes present a staggered defensive line especially when the attacking dummy half feigns to go right then swings the ball left ; Merritt can get caught coming infield unnecessarily; short passes around the ruck to catch out some of the bigger Souths' forwards ;

Not sure there is anything more fun than catching a train from parramatta station in manly jersey....

At the ground there are a heap of soufs fans. To be fair it is not like they had to leave their "jobs" early....

Can't believe nobody is blowing up about the Burgess bit on the buildup lol, you guys surprise me sometimes !!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can't believe nobody is blowing up about the Burgess bit on the buildup lol, you guys surprise me sometimes !!

It's not like it wasn't unexpected. I'm sure they've got another on Inglis before kickoff.

Kiwi Eagle said:

I'm still trying to get over the fact half the south's side looks like they share the same father and burgess kids look like they "may" too

lsz said:
Not sure there is anything more fun than catching a train from parramatta station in manly jersey....

I had access to the Parramatta corporate box at Parra stadium from 1990 to 2010 and went to every Manly game played there.
I always wore my Manly jersey and Dennis Fitzgearld and many current and ex players would also be there.
Generally they were ok with it but sometimes they would ark up and say if you wear it again you will be banned.

On tonight's game I think it will be close, 12 - 8 our way with the Roosters winning tomorrow.

DUFFMAN said:
lsz said:

I had access to the Parramatta corporate box at Parra stadium from 1990 to 2010 and went to every Manly game played there.
I always wore my Manly jersey and Dennis Fitzgearld and many current and ex players would also be there.
Generally they were ok with it but sometimes they would ark up and say if you wear it again you will be banned.

On tonight's game I think it will be close, 12 - 8 our way with the Roosters winning tomorrow.

C'mon Duffman, you always have the early scoop on the headlines for the next day. What are tomorrow's headlines?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6