Manly v Souths 2004

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
These Monday night games are crazy, it really feels like we have had a bye this weekend. On Saturday night I pulled out Manly v Souths 2004 from North Sydney Oval. I recall in the lead up to the match, the Souths supporters were giving it to Manly and how we will end up with the spoon. This match was shaping us the loser could be the woodenspooners.
Apart from being a match with more than average amount of dropped ball, I have never forgotten it. Manly won 50-22 after racing out to a 10 nil lead but falling behind 12 -10 near the end of the first half. Some good tries and a very good performance from Brett Stewart. A performance that in some way is mirroring his 2014 efforts.
Just thought I would share my boring Saturday night and by the way, Souths ended up being wooden spooners (again).

I think Rothfield's match report said that Manly was doomed after winning that match because everybody saw how good Brett Stewart was and that, as Manly had no money and an incompetent Board, Brett would be signing with another team and Manly would be left with his talent-less brother Glenn.

The Sharks on the other hand were finally headed for greatness after signing Paul Mellor back for the 2005 season after a stint in Castleford. Rothfield had heard about the traps that, in a true example of Shire mateship, none other than Sharks great Andrew Ettingshausen had been lobbying hard for Mellor and his wife to return to the Shire. ET was apparently very excited about having them back, and was overheard saying that he was looking forward to cutting Mellor's lunch for him.

I remember the game very well, I still think it was one of the best games to be at atmosphere wise, even the Souths supporters were in a good mood and sitting on the hill amongst it all was awesome even with the screen impeding everyone's view of the corner.

It was billed as the battle for the spoon a Souths supporter brought a spoon to give to us eagles supporters but he ended up keeping it, it was a bright glimmer in fairly dark days and a very enjoyable game to go to

Ah yes that was good day and a good flogging of Souths as well

The Wheel said:
Ah yes that was good day and a good flogging of Souths as well

I think @Ryan even stayed for the whole game, even though it hurt him being in his bloved Norths old stomping ground

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6