Manly V Raiders [Round 8 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the score

• Total voters
Weather forecast lousy as usual. Crowd will be average as it's Raiders, who draw nobody. No Foz, no Choc, DCE crook leg and no friends, Snake wants out, Matai wants out. I think Raiders are specials at $3.00 may chuck a lazy $50 on them. Raiders by 10

Mark from Bris is going away, Mick is bagging us, might bet the life savings on Manly :p :p :p

And I haven't noticed any mentioning MIGOTY !!!

ssar said:
MWSE are promoting this as a "Family Fun Day" ($50 family pass), yet I can't find any info about any planned special family-oriented activities or entertainment at Brookie this day?

---

Weather for the area @ Wed night:

Sunday 27 April - Max 19, Shower or two.
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending southerly 25 to 35 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

Shame it's not forecast to be clearer & warmer, but shrug, hopefully more sunshine blazes across the hallowed turf than predicted!

---

Also, there's suggestions for MWSE fans standing, chanting "Gifty!.. Gifty!" & cheering @ the start of the 13th minute at Brookie in this next game vs Raiders on Sunday, as well as Glenn's last game at Brookie this season.
Edit: Oh, Also of course, @ the start of the 13th minute @ the GF this year @ Homebush when cheering on manly there.

Nice idea, to show respect & admiration for the legend, and add to the cheers of "Go Manly!", etc?

I heard there is jumping castles and face painting being held on Sunday. Near the family hill. Not sure if inside or outside the venue.

We are specials this weekend. Home game, a bit of controversy, a few key players out......sounds like the Manly we all know??!!! The boys will be out to show all the (un) faithful out there that they are still professionals who love this club and are going to do everything to add another premiership to the cabinet.

Plus it's a Ricky Stuart coached team, so that's enough for me! Although the raiders winning last week is a good thing for me. They'll be more complacent and believe in Ricky's bs... until we pump them 30-6.

First Try Scorer: Snake (off a kick by Gift)
MoM: Matt Ballin (as he takes a bit more attacking responsibility with Foz out)
Last Try Scorer: Killer (intercept)

This is a must win game and I'm not at all confident about it. Next round we play a very desperate scum in scumland and that one will be very tough. A loss this week and next could see us out of the top 8.

Very nervous about the game. Raiders are on the rise, Milford is on fire, Crocker is wanting to make a SOO statement, Campese is fit and firing. Their forwards are young, hulking and mobile like the Tigers. Plenty to worry about.

But there is a chance we will win. Most of our big guns will have to put in big performances though to get us over the line.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Agreed. The odds of $1.45 v $2.85 are ridiculous. Its more like 1.65 v 1.80.
If you are offering those odds I'm in. Back them both, can't lose! :D

Time for DCE to match the hype.

Sorry that may be harsh but I haven't seen a real man of the match performance from DCE this year. Not like a Thurston or A Johns have when at their peak.

Against the Storm there attack was unpredictable and very quick. Our defense is going to have to be top notch over 80 mins. In the end the Storm defense couldn't keep them out. I also am very nervous about this one. Praps there will be some Gifty inspired magic.

Brookie said:
every time someone puts the '@' symbol and mentions Brookie, i get an alert.

its getting annoying.... cause i'm not as popular as the amount of alerts i get suggest i am :(

tagging in @Brookie #feelingthelove ;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Agreed. The odds of $1.45 v $2.85 are ridiculous. Its more like 1.65 v 1.80.
If you are offering those odds I'm in. Back them both, can't lose! :D
Do you see a dollar sign ?
No. But that's OK, we can bet sheep stations if you prefer! ;)
was thinking bananas. easily sliced into exact fractions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4