Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 25, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Fox Sports Lab stat: Manly is making the second least amount of errors in the NRL (9.4 per game behind the Storm) and the least errors in its own half (2.1) this season, but concedes the most penalties (8.1 per game) and haven’t won a penalty count in 13 games.

Interesting stat that one. As a fan watching them they certainly give the impression of being error prone this year - strange how the stats don't back that up. NO surprise we are getting hammered with penalties counts, have we had Chechin for 13 games in a row now ??

But isn't giving away a penalty an error :rolleyes:

Most of ours are lying on the player or having a hand on the ball in the ruck.
All errors in defence that our players continue to commit :confused:

The play the ball error and dropped balls were all too prevalent this year :banghead:

Last edited:
willing to bet we are leading the league in subjective penalties that are just whatever the refs feel like - strips, holding down in the ruck

we can be dominating and the opposition get 4 or 5 seconds after held then the next set we get penalised after less than 3 seconds on a dominate tackle.

the sooner we go to short arm style penalties the better but toddy wont be able to get his sides up as per nines instructions that way so it will never happen

Before tomorrow
To our boys.

Last year you failed to send our coach 2V's out the way he deserved after what he had given this club (46-10 loss or something on those Lines to the roosters at brookvale) and it was not acceptable.

I was at that game live and in the end you just gave up. It was very embarrassing and shameful to see.

Tomorrow we farewell one of the greats from our club, our leader, our rock and a Manly legend who will no doubt be given life membership one day.

Jamie won't say it but he deserves to have 2 laps of honour ,one before the game as planned and after when we win it.

Tomorrow no other game this year really has meant more. The 17 men who walk onto the field tomorrow afternoon have a duty to put in and not surrender and give Jamie one last moment to savour.

He has given his all to this club and to the pride of the jersey and we will forever be greatful for what Killer has given this club.

Tomorrow if you are not in a position to win at least give Jamie and us members a decent effort and leave everything out on the field and do the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles jersey and it's captain proud.

Thank you Killer for everything you are a true gentleman and a manly legend and you deserve to get a minimun 15,000 supporters to farewell you tomorrow.

Let's send killer out the way a true manly legend deserves to be.

Last edited:
But isn't giving away a penalty an error :rolleyes:

Most of ours are lying on the player or having a hand on the ball in the ruck.
All errors in defence that our players continue to commit :confused:

The play the ball error and dropped balls were all too prevalent this year :banghead:
I agree. But it's like a reputation thing. Manly, the most penalised team, FK, blow the whistle.
Souths are terrible and lying on players all the time, the dogs, absolute dirty. I don't know where they both sit penalty wise but jeez we cop some doozies from refs.
Still, all the more reason to play with control.

NYC
1. Tom Wright
2. Luke Poiselli
3. Harlan Collins
4. Tevita Funa
5. Lucas Price
6. Jayden Hocking
7. Nicholas Hynes
8. Amoni Tufui
9.Manase Fainu
10. Jaiden Tarrant
11. Billy Bainbridge
12. Darcy Cox
13. Eddie Wulf
Interchange:
Tremaine Brown
15. Joshua Martin
16. John Tuivaii
17. Elia Faatui

The Fox Sports Lab stat: Manly is making the second least amount of errors in the NRL (9.4 per game behind the Storm) and the least errors in its own half (2.1) this season, but concedes the most penalties (8.1 per game) and haven’t won a penalty count in 13 games.

Interesting stat that one. As a fan watching them they certainly give the impression of being error prone this year - strange how the stats don't back that up. NO surprise we are getting hammered with penalties counts, have we had Chechin for 13 games in a row now ??
Yep the most damning stat reflecting Turdy's mandated ref rules. Watch how much the golden teams are allowed the latitude that we seem to get hammered for. It's utter crap and makes a joke of a game that was once decided on the field by 13 players aside.

Yep the most damning stat reflecting Turdy's mandated ref rules. Watch how much the golden teams are allowed the latitude that we seem to get hammered for. It's utter crap and makes a joke of a game that was once decided on the field by 13 players aside.

Add to that " the Golden Boys", the " untouchables " who never get penalised , and get away with heaps , you know the ones I mean, we all do.

Have one of those in your side and you are half way there.

Then james hooper is probably correct Parker in for walker ( Parker not named in U/20's)

Well this is how I would line up.

Api at 6, Parcell at 9, Parker on one wing with Wright to centre to cover for walker.

Last week against Melbourne was a perfect example of what you're saying there. How many times were we penalised for holding down tackled players, yet others like Scam Smith were laying all over players, holding their legs etc and getting away with it? I mean, at one point in the 2nd half last week we had already gotten off the tackled player (right in front of our posts), only for Perenara to blow a penalty for holding down.

Wasn't it great to see Klein march Smith 10 metres last night for backchat. There should be more of it.

Can't wait until Api starts bashing the bejesus out of those poor raiders forwards.

I feel like most of our errors lead to tries to the opposition! So they are memorable.

For mine, this is how we'll probably line up later this afternoon.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brayden Wiliame
CE - Matthew Wright
WG - Brad Parker
FE - Api Koroisau
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Nate Myles
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
SR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jamie Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Lewis Brown, Siosaia Vave, Josh Starling, Frank Winterstein / Blake Leary.

Compare that to what at the start of the year was touted as our strongest side.....(Snake, Jorge, Killer, Skivy, Tom, Walker, DCE, Lussick, Parcell, Myles, Kapow, Ferris, Jake - Star, Brown, BJ, Symonds) and is it any wonder we're 12th?

I feel like most of our errors lead to tries to the opposition! So they are memorable.

That's human nature. We tend to forget the errors which don't cost, but the ones that allow the opposition to score stick in the mind.

Then james hooper is probably correct Parker in for walker ( Parker not named in U/20's)

Well this is how I would line up.

Api at 6, Parcell at 9, Parker on one wing with Wright to centre to cover for walker.
Walker and Green are in their suits, so the Doorman will not grace us today :shake:

For mine, this is how we'll probably line up later this afternoon.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brayden Wiliame
CE - Matthew Wright
WG - Brad Parker
FE - Api Koroisau
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Nate Myles
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
SR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jamie Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Lewis Brown, Siosaia Vave, Josh Starling, Frank Winterstein / Blake Leary.

Compare that to what at the start of the year was touted as our strongest side.....(Snake, Jorge, Killer, Skivy, Tom, Walker, DCE, Lussick, Parcell, Myles, Kapow, Ferris, Jake - Star, Brown, BJ, Symonds) and is it any wonder we're 12th?

That's human nature. We tend to forget the errors which don't cost, but the ones that allow the opposition to score stick in the mind.
Yep, I agree with that team.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7