Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 5, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All I ask tomorrow is that our boys don't put in a lacklustre performance in front our faithful home crowd.

Being at this game last Saturday the boys never ever gave up and for the 1st time in a long while saw that old" Us and against the world mentality" loved seeing it.

Either we will win in close game or Souths will win by 13 + margin so hope it is the 1st option I said but not confident at all:):)

Last edited:
If we're winning well, don't expect to see G1 do anything other than run the ball back from kicks. Getting involved when there is no glory to be had is just not his go.

If we're getting done, G1 will be trying to get involved in everything and we'll have the Nein commentary team banging on about what a wonderful player he is.

Manly $6.50 at 13+
If it reaches my lucky $7.00 I'm
Putting another $100 on, like I did on the Tigers....round two .....!! :(

Ahhhhh.....That feels better...
My sins hopefully forgiven?
I might be able to sleep tonight!

Rabbits only have 4 wins in 23 years when travelling to Brookvale Oval. Eagles 3rd game in 10 days. Big clash Thursday night

Manly have won 8 of the past 10 against Souths at home. Brookvale big help to Eagles vs Sharks few wks ago. #NRL

Last edited:
Manly coach Trent Barrett took Sea Eagles on detour to pub after beating the Roosters
an hour ago
Dean RitchieThe Daily Telgraph

ALL aboard Baz’s bonding bus.

Manly coach Trent Barrett took a late-night detour on the Sea Eagles’ trip home from Allianz Stadium last Saturday to enjoy some good old-fashioned team celebrations over a couple of beers.

In a throwback to the days when throwdowns were popular and rugby league wasn’t under the watchful eye of the fun police, Barrett’s men were returning home from beating the Sydney Roosters 22-20 around midnight when he ordered the bus to stop outside Brookvale Hotel.

One by one the players filed into the pub, owned by Charles Kelly and his family, who are friends of Brett and Glenn Stewart.

It was a bonding session over no more than two beers and soft drink before continuing on their journey to Manly’s Narrabeen home base.

“They deserved it,” Barrett said. “I just wanted them to be together — there was no one else in the pub at that time.

story-fni0cx12-990e5981201c0ab26a254c02f2125ad9

“Some didn’t have a beer and I don’t push it on them. It was just good to sit down and have a chat. We were only there for half an hour. A few of the boys had two beers and then we went home.”

Barrett’s time warp approach has been credited as helping give Manly’s wayward start to the season a dramatic U-turn.

“That side of the game is important and it’s important we don’t lose touch with that,” Barrett said

“There’s a balance between that and all the sports science data. They train hard, they look after themselves, a couple of beers isn’t going to hurt them.

“You’ve got to enjoy your games — I understand that. That’s all part of it in my book. It was a terrific win after all we have gone through and it would have been a shame not to sit down together for a chat after the game.”

Just last week, Wests Tigers’ gluten-free diet was pushed aside with beer and pizza being brought into the dressing room after a match against Gold Coast.

The Sea Eagles have won two successive games and on Thursday night meet a fired-up South Sydney side humiliated by Canterbury last Friday afternoon.

Manly have only had five days to rest their weary bodies.

fbce45274a7a8cd9782da72b2d9d2af3

The Sea Eagles enjoyed a quite late ale at the Brookvale Hotel.
Asked about another five-day turnaround, Barrett said: “It’s definitely not an excuse and it’s not something that the players have whinged about at all. They’re battled-hardened and that’s their job.

“They will always do whatever is needed. And, again, I don’t want to harp on it but I’ve got no problem when there’s a five-day turnaround every now and then but when you get them back-to-back — and we’ve got four in the first eight weeks — then that gets a bit tough.

“As long as it’s even for everybody, that’s more where we were coming from. As I said, the players won’t whinge and they will get a job done. All we want is an even playing field.

“Getting them so early in the year ... back-to-back and then coming home from New Zealand (next round). That’s the thing. But as I said, it’s going to happen — I understand that but if they could space it out a little bit more for us, that would be handy.”

Asked had he heard from the NRL over his club’s strong stance against five-day turnarounds, Barrett said: “No.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4