Manly v Rabbids [Round Finals Week 1 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha yeah. I've been hopeful we would see that spark or flashes of it for the last month and a half but it hasn't come. It will come again. Hopefully this week. lol It would not surprise me if we romp home on friday night. Can't see it happening though.

There was a fair bit of spark and emption shown in the last 20 minutes against the riff to confirm that we can still give the competition a real shake when/if everything clicks into place.

The players just have to forget all the distractions in recent months and just concentrate on winning.

We will be alright on the night

The best we've played all year imo was the first half of Rd 1 v The Storm.
All we need is a display like that in Rd 1 of the semis ( and for Snake to play the 2nd half too ).

StuBoot said:
The best we've played all year imo was the first half of Rd 1 v The Storm.
All we need is a display like that in Rd 1 of the semis ( and for Snake to play the 2nd half too ).

Agreed. I remember standing on the Hill at half time and texting my daughter who couldn't attend: "we are on fire. 20-nil.'
Then came the hollow feeling of losing the lead.

I personally hope we win not only because I love this club (and hate the Vermin), but because it would shut up Russell Crowe who basically came out in the paper today (read DT) and is gloating that even though its a Manly "home" final its being played in Vermin territory at their former home venue.

They're loving this because even though we earned the right by finishing higher on the ladder the NRL have reversed things with their major venue policy.

On the game itself, I don't think Souffs are as in good a shape as they're making out. Grub Brother Sam is playing hurt as is their star Inglis. If GI was fit there is no way Schitzel Piss runs him down last week. I know Piss is probably one of the quickest halfbacks in the NRL (in fact I think he would make a better centre than HB, but that's just my opinion).....but he still shouldn't have run Inglis down. Then there is Sutton who if he plays in the back row he'll be sucking so much oxygen after 20 or 30 minutes the rest of the players on the field might go down through lack of available air.

We are Manly. Never count us out when our backs are to the wall.

HoldenV8 said:
I personally hope we win not only because I love this club (and hate the Vermin), but because it would shut up Russell Crowe who basically came out in the paper today (read DT) and is gloating that even though its a Manly "home" final its being played in Vermin territory at their former home venue.

They're loving this because even though we earned the right by finishing higher on the ladder the NRL have reversed things with their major venue policy.

On the game itself, I don't think Souffs are as in good a shape as they're making out. Grub Brother Sam is playing hurt as is their star Inglis. If GI was fit there is no way Schitzel Piss runs him down last week. I know Piss is probably one of the quickest halfbacks in the NRL (in fact I think he would make a better centre than HB, but that's just my opinion).....but he still shouldn't have run Inglis down. Then there is Sutton who if he plays in the back row he'll be sucking so much oxygen after 20 or 30 minutes the rest of the players on the field might go down through lack of available air.

We are Manly. Never count us out when our backs are to the wall.

Schitzel Piss. Absolutely lost it

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=manly-on-a-united-front-_1227053823853&vc=569

Foz on the Wednesday Media Session. :)

Count the cliches :p

Budgewoi Eagle said:
SwornEagle said:
If the team is 1/100th as distracted as we are as supporters we are all but goooorne on Friday night! Seems, 40+ pages of media speculation/BS and 4 pages of the game thread for our first finals match of 2014...

Rabbitohs flying under the radar and Manly in a ... storm, either really bad internal management @ Manly or us all playing into the hands of the Sydney media to increase the changes of the Rabbits/Roosters, playing us like puppets.

Time will tell. I'm not buying into the media BS (Easier for me as I'm 10,000+ kms away) but sheesh some of the 'supporters' in here have me bewildered!

On the field is the only place you can really write history, hold the ball, play composed football and rip the rabbits a ...ing new one!

GO MANLY!!!

I see what you're saying but have you noticed the way we've been playing lately?

90% mental mate. Form slump by a team like this has got to end at some stage. Think Tooves mentioned this, and finals football is just what's needed to get it done.

[attachment=877]

Attachments

• souffs.jpg
    souffs.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 28
The only thing that gives me hope in this game is that we have not lost 2 in a row yet this season, regardless of opposition. Below is who we have beaten after a loss.

Rd 2: souffs
Rd 6: Sharks
Rd 10: Drugcastle
Rd 13: Dishlickers
Rd 18: Tigpies
Rd 23: Gold Coast
Rd 25: The Riff

So twice we beat a top 4 team and once a Top 8 team, the rest were rubbish.

It's not much, but it's all I've got.

I am starting to feel hopeful about this game - even though realistically I probably shouldn't.
Souths advantages are obvious, our injuries, the ground, the scheduling, our poor form and their monster pack that rolled over the top of us last time.
And yet...
It looks like Brett Stewart will play. That alone is enough to boost the mood, especially as the last few years it's rarely been good news on his leg injuries.

The team vibe seems more positive of late, going by the Awards Night reports

While nominally at full strenghth Burgess and Inglis are obviously injured-hampered.

Expectation will again weigh on Souths and they are yet to show they cope well with it. In the corresponding matches last year I remember Souths put in an unconvincing show against against a well-below-par Melbourne while we played perhaps our best match of the year effort-wise but lacked Stewart's finish. Of course, we know what happened when the teams eventually met.

Lastly we are Manly and these sort of games is what our club is made for.

Regarding the crowd being bad for us I can safely say only a blimp could solve the issue, from Brookvale to moore Park is at best a 45 minute drive during daylight hours and excluding rush hour, double that on a Friday night if not triple, the NRL wants us to turn up order us a blimp

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6