Manly v Quinns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed regarding Bell cleaning up a lot of defense for Williams this year. I think having Lyon inside him, will tighten up that defense significantly on the right hand side. I just wonder what the attacking cost is if we put everything on Orfords shoulders again

Matai, Neuman and Wolfie.  There's problematic trio.  Wolfie will have to clean up his act as we have an abundance of outside backs.  I guess Bani didn't get a gallop either half.  Just how much is the CC worth in dollars?   

DSM5 link said:
Matai, Neuman and Wolfie.  There's problematic trio.  Wolfie will have to clean up his act as we have an abundance of outside backs.  I guess Bani didn't get a gallop either half.  Just how much is the CC worth in dollars?     

Bani stayed home through injury i recall?

Orford wont eb on his own if bailey plays 5/8.

He may no be as good as lyon - time will tell but he wont be a Sam "handbag" Harris

Agreed Fluffster, I think Des will persist with Bailey at 5/8, freeing up Lyon to combine out wide with those short passes off the hip to a guy close and running straight like Glenn Stewart..  And he'll certainly tighten up out wide with his excellent defense.  Eggyson you're right, I forgot.  Kite apparently had a hit out on the weekend in the Qld Cup side trial or something.       

Can't wait for next monday morning, shall be up at 6.30am and amping for it. I hope we can produce what it seems we did in the 2nd half of this match

could you imagine what the quinns coach said at full time. "WTF just happened?"

Good work from the boys to bring in the big guns and perform. Were quinns at full strength or did they sub at half time aswell?

Wolfie may well suffer from second year syndrome. Also as DSM5 has said elsewhere, Bell was an extremely good defender and covered up a lot of his problems. He will have to focus more on this part of his game. Otherwise our left side could be an achilles heel to be exploited by good sides.

Bani is still injured and didn't go, nor did Kite.

Allan Thomson, from Lakes United, played as a solid second rower in the 72 premiership team and was a long term teacher at Beacon Hill Primary School. Alan Thompson was the five-eighth in the 78 premiership team and played for Australia in that era. He was the reserve grade coach in 87/88 winning the premiership at that time. He had a great record in Reserve Grade but Manly were very ordinary when Bozo stepped down for him. After half a season of very poor results in 89 he was fired by the board - was replaced by the Messiah Graham Lowe or was it Ray Ritchie - not sure.

DSM5 link said:
Did Neuman play that well? 
I assume your team has Robbo on the wing.  From what you saw what does the first half say about our depth this year?  How did Georgie go? Any lateral movement out of the big guy?

Yes Robbo on the wing; solid and effective as usual v the quins. Neuman was ok. Georgie was good up the middle; noone had any breaks that I saw so he had to play the 40 mins. Re. depth in general, I think it will be pretty good; it was only a trial with a bunch of people trying to learn each other's plays. Diffcult to come on and perform vs a settled superleage combo, so lots of dropped ball, poor kicks etc.

ps. the cougar had a solid game for them, but limped off with an ankle I think near the end

Ill take this up with you in PM or another thread. I cleared this thread out to keep it on the Manly Quinns game

Happy to continue discussing it in PM if you like too but either way, I am trying to clear up threads tonight to get them back on topic

i really hope that Robertson gets picked for the blues. Hard competition but i would like to see him there

I think he's more than capable but he's an unfashionable sort of player.  Selectors want the Hayne sort, all flash and panache. 

I would prefer if we won for once. But then again Queensland does have Inglis so that is a plus :p

Who knows if Minicello gets himself into form we might see Stewart on the wing or out of the team completely. In there prime I would have to rate Mini > Stewart. (Well we haven't seen Stewart in his prime yet but u get the drift).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6