Manly v Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Why are these games always such dull, boring, ordinary affairs ? Year after year it is the same, especially when we go there

We were horrendous today, the worst I have seen for quite a while. You hear a lot that teams say "We didn't turn up today", our boys hardly got out of bed on that effort, and it was obvious from the opening 5 mins.
I think over my 20 odd years supporting us, I have turned off before fulltime maybe 3-4 times, we today i added to that tally at around the 70th minute because I'd had enough

We may as well have taken half the team along anyway, it was a waste of time having the left hand side there on attack because not once did we try to use them. There is the old saying of playing to your strengths, but there is also such a thing as overkill, just ask Chad Randall. It was so predictable we would run a play from DCE to Glenn who would get it on to Lyon and that was all Penrith had to deal with. There weren't any of those nice moves with Brett chiming into the backline, and we had Matai, one of the top linebreakers in the comp this season, out there twiddling his thumbs most of the game. Foran is the easy blame for that but it isn't his fault we did that all game. Frustrating

Defence, Penrith didn't throw a lot at us, but the amount of 1 on 1 misses today, from players all across the park, showed the lack of attitude in the side today. Very disappointing

Only guys in our side today that didn't **** up would probably be Taufua and Galuvao

The only thing to look forward to out of that is that I have no doubt we will be fired up for Friday night at Brookvale after the blast they should be getting. A real missed opportunity today to kick away from some of the comp on the table

In saying all that, well done to Penrith as well. Played well and thoroughly deserved their win today

On a side note, was I the only one to see about a 4 inch gap between Daniela's right hand and the ball in the initial attempt at grounding it

Said it at the time it was identical to Foran's no try in the grand final BUT it was always going to be awarded because the whole system is a ****ing joke.

Summed up exactly what i feel KE. Yes Daniela's try was not a try but it did not matter we were spent anyway. Its was so predictable going to our right edge with the same old play over and over again, Did Toovey even have a bloody gameplan? Disappointed to say the least.

Agree Kiwi, we were aweful, outplayed, out enthused and deserved the hiding on that performance. This happens too frequently, that we lose against lesser sides.

Manly have got to learn that whoever they play desparately want the sea eagle scalp under their belts. Manly have to use games like these to build their for and against, the mexicans do it but it's in Manly's DNA that we can't get up for these games. Not ruthless enough.

Just to rub a bit more salt into the wounds Matai may miss a few weeks and choc has the shoulder injury I believe he's been carrying for a few weeks.

I thought our effort levels were a lot lower against the Titans. We seemed to be prepared to grind it out today but our attack didn't put them under any pressure whatsoever.

When we beat them at Brookie, DCE was sensational. He took the line all game, but today tried to pass his way around them. Not a very good game from the no 7. He's had a few less than stellar games the last month.

No excuses for today`s loss. Listening to it online was horrible. I`m sure the team won`t feel too proud. It was un-Sea Eagle like. Though, we did have players backing up from origin and key players injured again. At least we can look forward to having a full strength team again at some stage this year.

That effort today was woeful. These are the games we should be winning but no intensity, effort or care factor. All they did in the second half was drop the ball every set of 6. They will not make the Top 8 if they continue to play like this.

What I am most annoyed about is that every game we don't field a full-strength team....am really doubting if we ever will again this yr. As soon as someone comes back, it seems someone else is getting injured or suspended. It seems it is our year for injuries which is a real shame as we know what this team is capable of full-strength. Heres hoping.

These losses happen occasionally. With key players missing, a couple backing up from origin, coming off 4 grinding close wins, and away from home mid season it's not surprising they came up flat. Time to regroup and refocus.

Someone mentioned the run of injuries. I don't suppose the number of short turnarounds hasn't had a negative cumulative effect, that is hitting hard now?

On a brighter note, the team still has two byes up their sleeves. Some of the teams above Manly have already had one.

Lastly:

Memo to B.Stewart and T.Williams - just hurry up and sort out your futures, one way or the other. This is getting boring and I'm sure it has an impact on the other players.

Phantar said:
Lastly:

Memo to B.Stewart and T.Williams - just hurry up and sort out your futures, one way or the other. This is getting boring and I'm sure it has an impact on the other players.

Whilst T-Rex is supposedly going to announce his decision this week, I heard that Brett's put all contract talks, decision-making, etc, on hold till after Origin. Not sure if that's ideal but guess we can focus on getting all the others sorted.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2