Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 14, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I missed his mistake. I actually thought Jorge was great today with his strong runs and that try. Was glad to see him back.
It was a biggie, his slack play the ball penalty, when Manly were on the attack in the second half, was the turning point of the game :mad:
After that, the basic errors infected the Team and we looked like NYC grade :banghead:

I'm trying to look for positives out of this debacle and I remembered the time the dragons came back from a big margin to beat us at Kogarah.

I just looked it up and it was in 2004. It's on youtube and strangely enough, the score was Manly 24-4 at halftime. We were up that score just after halftime yesterday.

Maybe if we ever get that score again i'll ring the tab up and put plenty on the opposition! :sweating:

Anyway, the positive i'm trying to take is the team back then were in a rebuilding phase and some young guns were just in the early days...like Brett and Glenn Stewart, Watmough and Monaghan and quite a lot that filled holes in the team until better came along.

Now we have the Turbo's, Walker and young kids like Parcell, Fonua Blake to team with Buhrer and a few more GOOD signings to fit with these guys.

We did some smart recruiting after the 2004 season to compliment what we already had. Now the difficulty is identifying what we need and to go out and get them. Not an easy task. We had a rookie coach back then in Hasler to lead us through that era.

Some similarities with this team to what we were back then. Let's hope we can get up to those lofty heights again. :clap:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2