Manly v Newcastle Reserve Grade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Sounds like a good win 30-20 after leading 24-4 at half time. Extremely hot conditions. The team completed 29 from 36 sets which laid the foundation.

Interesting to hear that Cliff Lyons is also coaching Narraweena this year. For Manly, he trains them Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the game on Saturdays and for Narraweena, training on Tuesday and Thursdays with the game on Sundays. AND a fulltime job.

That is now 3 wins from 5.

Can't post a link on here as i haven't posted 5 times, but if anyone's interested or hasn't seen them, there are highlights of this game on my YouTube, JoshNewyKnights.

I am surprised he his still coaching the A Grade. I noticed the NSW cup team have halved their price to win the premiership.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmKyP99nJY4&context=C46d3bd8ADvjVQa1PpcFMJaKGVLWEy2CTTnkBHiXGFUvNZUibcm68=[/video]

From the highlights it looked like George was lost, or disinterested.
Perhaps he has lost his motivation. Not having seen a full reserve grade match I'm in no position to comment. I'd love to see the big fella back to his best in first grade.

The giveaway Cliffy coaches this side is the support play with everyone looking for that offload & runners both ways. If the defence improves may suprise a few this season.

The Who said:
From the highlights it looked like George was lost, or disinterested.
Perhaps he has lost his motivation. Not having seen a full reserve grade match I'm in no position to comment. I'd love to see the big fella back to his best in first grade.

I was going to mention something similar when I posted the clip.
Rose appears completely disinterested and very lazy. Plus he's still too fat.

Riccardi and Foran seem like a good combination. I've watched them before and they are quite impressive. The big right winger looked quick.

How can you judge that from what you saw? Any of it?

As for george...

It showed tries only - what if George made 5 try saving tackles? What if he ran for over 200 mtrs?

Who knows if he did because we watched 5 minutes of highlights (out of 80 minutes...i.e. around 6% of the total match) but why not let that get in the way of a predetermined judgemnet

lsz said:

It's pretty obvious we were only commenting on what we saw in the clip.
Why don't you comment on what you saw? Maybe you saw George making solid tackles and not slipping off reserve graders? Maybe you can see motivation that others can't? Maybe you have your beer goggles on and he looks like he's dropped 20kegs?

lsz said:

As for george...

It showed tries only - what if George made 5 try saving tackles? What if he ran for over 200 mtrs?

Who knows if he did because we watched 5 minutes of highlights (out of 80 minutes...i.e. around 6% of the total match) but why not let that get in the way of a predetermined judgemnet
If George ran over 200 mtrs and made 5 try saving tackles I am sure 2V would have picked him to play against the panthers this week .

BOZO said:
lsz said:

As for george...

If George ran over 200 mtrs and made 5 try saving tackles I am sure 2V would have picked him to play against the panthers this week .
How can you possibly state such a thing, Bozo. You haven't watched the full game so you're not entitled to have an opinion. He might have made 300 metres and 250 tackles but unless you saw it, you shouldn't comment ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2