Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So happy that Barrett is willing to change line ups. AFB definitely deserves a second game in first grade. The intensity and agro he showed last week was great and he'll improve with more time. I suspect he'll be very hard to drop in the future.

Let's not underestimate the knights. Yeah, they've been flogged this season but they've had only two home games, a win and a draw. I'd like to win by 40 as well but the knights, at home, on Anzac day after a flogging will be pumped.
Any kind of victory from our boys will please me.

I couldn't agree more newwyeagle. like you I live here and know only to well how pumped the Knights will be to win in front of a bumper Anzac crowd. Very nervous about this game..

The Kinights will be tough to beat. Coming off a flogging, playing at home on anzac day i would not be surprised to lose this one but beat more fancied team in the coming weeks.

^ Agree that this will not be a walk in the park. Yes, we've shown some improvement over the first two weeks as well as a lot of heart, but right now, especially with key players out, we're just not a very good team. Any win we get we'll need to work for.

Hope our points are higher than the amount of times we'll drop the ball. Fark me, flew down from Brizvegas last Thursday and nearly ripped the corporate signs off the fence. Can we please just catch the ball. Hopefully they've added this to their training regime.

I couldn't agree more newwyeagle. like you I live here and know only to well how pumped the Knights will be to win in front of a bumper Anzac crowd. Very nervous about this game..

Agree this game makes me nervous think we are in for a close one here!!

Just remember in the past we've won games we weren't supposed to AND lost games we weren't supposed to.

I'm thinking we might surprise one or more of those more fancied teams ahead of us, some are due a loss and we do tend to lift against better sides.

I won't put us down for a loss but it's guaranteed that the Knights will be much much harder than everyone expects.

With the players available that is the best team we can put up, happy with it. Even though the Knights aren't the best team in the comp, no game in the NRL is a sure thing and being at Hunter it will be a tough game. I expect us to win not by a huge margin. Lets be honest we haven't got big points in us just yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6