Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 21, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fonua Blake named as no. 10 in nsw cup
Have to think the kid is pretty unlucky
Played a vital role in games against Cowboys, dragons and to a lesser extent the Warriors

I think we could lose this one, I have a really bad feeling.

Coming off a sloppy 2nd half will dampen any complacency leading into this game. I think TB will have the troops fired up for a clinical display at a sunny Brookie on a Sunday.

Fonua Blake named as no. 10 in nsw cup
Have to think the kid is pretty unlucky
Played a vital role in games against Cowboys, dragons and to a lesser extent the Warriors

Catch up game tomorrow night maybe? Will be good for him to get some running in the legs

Catch up game tomorrow night maybe? Will be good for him to get some running in the legs

Ahh ok well yeah it would be good for him to get some minutes under his belt.
Would you think he would back up after a 4 day turn around from reggies?
Maybe Trent doesn't want to change a winning side haha....
I would of rather of seen brad Parker on one wing and wright in the centres like against the Warriors then having Lewis brown plying out of position again.

There will be a few NRL coaches that I've worked for will recognise that type & style of game plan : shortened & simplifyed so non - coaches will understand .
History says Most NRL coaches don't do game plans - going back to Jack Gibson to Wayne Bennett.
And TC...

If you ask anyone from Newcastle , if you could only win 1 match per year : who would you Choose ?
Manly would be the answer to about 99%.
A game plan takes around 2 to 3 days to compile , so here is an abbreviated one for Newcastle.
Newcastle will try and be expansive and look for a few set plays.
* Hodkinson & Mullen (if playing)to throw inside balls to Gagai and Mamo.
* blind side play from scrum. - using ref as a block.
* Chris Adams from tap restart, look to go to left for a hit up ,step to the right and throw a long flat pass to winger right on the sideline.
* rely on line speed & enthusiasm.
1. Gagai : spiral bomb ; takes the ball late , around his knees which makes spiral bomb much harder to catch. Always a danger running left to right , good right foot step.
2. Ross luvs a mirror , so Manly fans should take them to the game , which will put him off. Big ego ,with little to offer in Defense. Left side winger who steps off left foot ,dangerous when given space.
5. Elliot .right winger : General play kicks go to his side .weak link we need to expose.
4. Peter M. Favours his left shoulder in D. so we run at his right shoulder.
7. Trent H . Snail pace , rarely takes the line on , unless 10 metres from try line . Look for chip chase back to the centre with chasers and centre field bombs. Defensive liability these days. We attack him.
12. Barnett. Left side weak defender we give him more traffic then pit street. , good ball carrier.
9. D.Levi . Probably misses more tackles per minute than any NRL player. Target his D. Greedy near try line : be ready from dummy half.
10. Saifiti. Neither move well laterally. Misses lots of tackles this way.
14. Chris Adams . At any restarts , linedrop outs , taps set plays etc .WE TARGET ADAMS DEFENSE. Gets his head in the wrong position , plus fatigues quick . dummy half scooter ; look for a trick shot down the blind and can kick a 40/20 from dummy half..
Manly MUST
Ultra fast start. HIGH INTENSITY : up tempo .
Enthusiastic & line speed.
Last tackle option : repeat sets : angle kicks in goal.
Isolate Elliot under pressure on 45* kicks : pressure.
Expose Newcastle's weak defenders as highlighted.
ADAMS : Levi : HODKINSON: Barnett : Saifiti brothers. (Mullen tackles like whipped cream ) If Cogger plays target him to : he always go around the legs : play flat at him.
Isolate Knights defenders 1 on 1, running at them at speed with early ball or set plays .
Dummy half to scoot after Jeremy Smith makes a tackle : always up last.
Combat their line speed. Pushing forward with the ball together : 2nd phase offloads :
expose weak Knights underbelly : behind the ruck.
Kick to Elliot -last tackle option :Starving Gagai of the ball.
More set plays and variations.
Knights leak points on both sides , weakest on left.
Keep ball carriers on their feet so we can drive me back with numbers : in goal or over sideline.
Tie up knights ball carrier. : Limiting Knights 2nd phase plays.
(Brief & not as technical as a normal game plan.)
Unbelievably important game : MUST WIN
GO MANLY.

That is an awesome game plan, really well done @Mr Manly 007....!
Now if Zoolander/Twent implements this plan of yours, lets just hope that Slapper Brown does not read Silvertails.....otherwise disaster. ;)

Confident this week.
Playing at home against the worst team in the Comp.
Not reading much into the lineup as we played last night.

careful. a bit like the game against Parra late last year. Complacency can cost big time. We need to turn up and blow them away.

I'll just be happy to win, the Knights have been close to winning in the past few weeks. Counting on a big win worries me.
Agree mate, let's not count our chickens before they hatch. Newcastle has been more than a headache to a lot of teams this year so just a win would be great. You go in too cocky and you get your pants pulled down.

2 teams this year 1 win 1 draw. The other games at most a headache but most a nice massage with happy ending

Betting agencies doing their best to curse us. $7.50 for the naughts is ridiculous and 18.5 start.

I'm happy to put $50 on that and wipe my arse with it if we win!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4