Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes Darcy to tear a new hole in the eels, followed by Tapau, Vave, AFB,Then onto Walker, DCE and Tom to bury the coffin

We will hammer the eels on Friday. I never predict big wins; however, I can see us really destroying them. A few points to prove in our camp, and the eels are done for the year.

Don't get to overconfident for Friday.

Parra vs Manly they always seem to go to another gear when they play us.

I think we will win but not by the margin a lot of us are saying

Us by 8

Don't get to overconfident for Friday.

Parra vs Manly they always seem to go to another gear when they play us.

I think we will win but not by the margin a lot of us are saying

Us by 8
Normally I would agree with you, I just think this time it's different. We are building and they are dropping.

With all the crap that has gone on between the clubs, Darcy in top form coming up against his old team and them without halves - I think we will kill them.

Normally I would agree with you, I just think this time it's different. We are building and they are dropping.

With all the crap that has gone on between the clubs, Darcy in top form coming up against his old
Don't get over confident boys they get back Jennings, Ma'u and Scott.

That post about those 3 players returning makes me think it will a game much closer than people think.

DCE said the team took a win against parramatta for granted last year. Let's see what the players have learnt. Will are going to have to play well to get this win. Eels will grow a new leg against us. The slimey buggers.
A one legged eel is still no good in an arse kicking contest,eagles are on a roll

Luv that game : lol
Has anyone got the 1989 V Parramatta match at Parramatta Stadium ( Friday night match )
Tony Iro destroys them in the 2nd half . I was surrounded by Eels fans , parra scored early from a bomb and then manly went 90 metres .
It was a great night surrounded by losers : I was cheering - all night ...

We simply must win this game so that I may present myself to Anthony Seibold's dad (a parra man) in all my vexatious and priggish Manly glory.

manly.jpg

I want to see us do this to them on Friday night.....

I still have this wonderful game in it's entirety on a Beta tape in my attic. Haven't watched it for several years but several quotes are burned in my head:

Ian Maurice: Charlie Haggett!! He's living out of Crushers pocket!!

Rex Mossop in the 78th minutue: "Some of the Parramatta fans who have realised that they cannot win are leaving the arena at the moment"

At 64-12: Is the 64 million dollar question?: Mossop: That's the 64 million dollar answer!

Bob fulton after the game: "these games just happen!"

Interviewer to Don Mckinnon Re shoulder injury on scoring that try: "front rower serves you right for scoring tries"

LOL - poetry!

NYEagle

One thing I have never been able to figure out is when Haggett scored, Ian "The Bear" Maurice said "Put that down to Blossom"

WTF was Blossom?

After I posted that video last night I actually found a full replay of our 1983 Major Semi-final win over doesn't-matta. When you see the names in that side like Eadie, Boustead, Ribot, Close, Sigsworth, Thompson, Blake, Vautin, Cleal etc and even taking into account Speels players like Sterling, Kenny, Grothe, Cronin, Ella and Price.....how did we manage to lose the Grand Final two weeks later?

We will hammer the eels on Friday. I never predict big wins; however, I can see us really destroying them. A few points to prove in our camp, and the eels are done for the year.

I agree Pjayz, and to show I am totally committed I am swearing off sex from Friday morning until after the game.

One thing I have never been able to figure out is when Haggett scored, Ian "The Bear" Maurice said "Put that down to Blossom"

WTF was Blossom?

After I posted that video last night I actually found a full replay of our 1983 Major Semi-final win over doesn't-matta. When you see the names in that side like Eadie, Boustead, Ribot, Close, Sigsworth, Thompson, Blake, Vautin, Cleal etc and even taking into account Speels players like Sterling, Kenny, Grothe, Cronin, Ella and Price.....how did we manage to lose the Grand Final two weeks later?
Blossom is Noel Cleal.

I agree Pjayz, and to show I am totally committed I am swearing off sex from Friday morning until after the game.
@Woodsie 's wife after hearing the news....
giphy.gif

Err...now Woodsie...just to make sure we win...better also keep both hands well away from the...well...the ahh...yes well....the noodle. If you need any tips just yell. I once won a contest you know - they made a show about it and everything.

Starling, Brown, AFB, Parcell, Leary, not named in NSW Cup. Baz is holding his cards close to his chest because at least three of the above won't see first grade on Friday night, unless of course Killer, Myles and Parcell aren't fit as has been reported. Or quite possibly Baz will name an unchanged line up and release the changes an hour before kick off.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6