Manly v Dogs: who else has thought...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why are posters talking of a Dogs victory? They might be playing to potential, but so are we. As far as I can tell we're winning all our matches. Just because the Dogs are to, that doesn't mean they will win in round 8. Make sense people.

too, sorry Jethro.

After the first 3 rounds it is clear that their fullback, 5/8, half and lock are all awesome. They will probably be the greatest players ever, if they aren't already.

The Bulldogs should sign all 4 of them up to 5 year $800K/year contracts. It would be morally wrong not to.

Wizball you must remember then the eagles going down there and smashing them (in 95 I think). tooves made a head-on tackle on mr meninga that drove him about 5 mtres backwards and into the ground. A great moment in manly's history....

Last year the Dogs won 5 of their first 6, then went on a merry slide down the ladder out of the eight. Here's hoping the slide will happen again.

niccipops said:
torana355 said:
I think many here are underestimating the dogs. I think they are the real deal.
It would be nuts to underestimate any team that wins 3 games in a row.
Last year
round 1. Dogs beat Tigers 24 - 14
round 2. Dogs beat Souths 28 - 19
round 3. Dogs beat Roosters 24 - 20
and the rest is history

Bulldogs fans are pretty happy with the 5/8 Reynolds. Some are even saying they don't need Foran anymore. Wont stop Des trying but

eagles2win said:
Dogs have the forwards but not the backs to challenge for the title.

Tolman and Graham go all day

I actually think it`s the other way around mate ,especially on yesterday performance, their forwards are young wait till they play us & melb then you can get a gauge on their forwards. Yesterday i found that the warriors forwards did enough it was their backs & poor handling that let them down..

[ampl][/ampl]
jjai said:
eagles2win said:
Dogs have the forwards but not the backs to challenge for the title.

Tolman and Graham go all day

I actually think it`s the other way around mate ,especially on yesterday performance, their forwards are young wait till they play us & melb then you can get a gauge on their forwards. Yesterday i found that the warriors forwards did enough it was their backs & poor handling that let them down..

Nothing wrong with the Dogs forwards. At least their props. Tolman and Graham give you effort all day and I think Kasiano could be something special.

I noticed yesterday that Barba still drops the odd ball, It usually happens when he's in fear of collision. Hope Tooves instructs the boys to put plenty of pressure on him.

They are an early season success. We didn't want it but to their credit (and it hurts typing this) they are doing enough for me to say they will be there come Finals time. Can't wait for their fall though. When they let the Warrors back in it just before half time I didn't need to be in the sheds to hear Des going off! That got them focused again. Genuine chance imo.

captainskin said:
who else has thought that we may face each other off in the 2012 GF? I know there are other teams like Melbourne and Saints which are looking impressive at given times, but wouldn't it be destiny if this was the main game at the end of the year... and again, no one predicted it.:rolleyes:

Nope. No way can the dogs match the Storm or Broncos (and hopefully us) .

Last year at work I sat next to a Dogs supporter (unfortunately) so he raved on throughout the year about them to me - and they were looking real good up until about July (from memory), top 4 I think for first half of the season - then what happened they faded (thank God) and did not make the 8.
I think that wil happen this year to. Peaking way to early.
And I hope Barba breaks his leg next week.

The Who said:
Didn't the Dogs win their early matches last season?

Yes The Who - see my post above

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6