Manly v Dogs: who else has thought...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
who else has thought that we may face each other off in the 2012 GF? I know there are other teams like Melbourne and Saints which are looking impressive at given times, but wouldn't it be destiny if this was the main game at the end of the year... and again, no one predicted it.:rolleyes:

It's early days and anything can happen.
I wouldn't get too excited about anybody's form including ours at this stage.
Remember we were 0 from 4 in 2009 and finished 5th only to be beaten in the playoffs by the cheats and upset results.
Souths have been at the top of ladder early in a few seasons.
Time will tell.
For now I think it's anybodies game except for maybe the slimeys but then look what they did in '09.
It's an exciting comp.
Hope the doggies start to slide next week, leading to them being absolutely trampled in round 8.
As for the doggies v Manly in the GF, that thought is too horrible to comtemplate atm.
Go Manly:D

eagles2win said:
Joey said:
They won't even make the 8 let alone the GF.

They'll make the eight but will be cannon fodder for who ever plays them

Yeah your right they will make it, for me it was more about hoping they don't make the 8 than anything else......this winning form they are in can't last forever, this is the NRL after all where any team can win on any given day.

torana355 said:
I think many here are underestimating the dogs. I think they are the real deal.
It would be nuts to underestimate any team that wins 3 games in a row.

If you believe in the vital positions of 1 6 7 & 9 being the key indicators to premiership success you can put the pen thru the Dogs and Tigers, and probably Broncos.

There is a long way to go but the top three sides from last year appear to be the strength again. Roosters or Cowboys could be bolters.

Dogs at Belmore might be harder than I thought. I can't remember wanting to smash a team more than the early 90s Raiders.

I'm hoping for Battle of Brookvale II in which we end their season.

wizball1973 said:
Dogs at Belmore might be harder than I thought. I can't remember wanting to smash a team more than the early 90s Raiders.

Good thing the NRL team doesn't play at Belmore anymore

After three rounds Dezie has the dogs in top condition. They will be there come september. They look fit calm composed and solid . on current form we may lose in rnd 8.

eagles2win said:
wizball1973 said:

Good thing the NRL team doesn't play at Belmore anymore

you know what I mean goose

Terry-Randal said:
After three rounds Dezie has the dogs in top condition. They will be there come september. They look fit calm composed and solid . on current form we may lose in rnd 8.

That is what i was thinking, they have some very potent second phase play going on with decent defense too. If they are still playing like that in round 8 we may be in trouble lol.

Round 8 is shaping up as a possible top of the table clash. I'm still not convinced that they have the halves to be a serious premiership threat, but they are travelling better than most are giving them credit for.

As a supporter of Manly for over 30 years I can honestly say I have never been concerned about how the bulldogs or any other team are performing except on game day against Manly.
The last couple of weeks I've found myself extremely ticked off that the doggies have won.
Obvious post-Des emotional hangover but it's ridiculous.
Time for me to go back to only concentrating on Manly and their week by week opposition. :idea:
Go Manly! Stuff the bulldogs.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7