Manly v Cronulla [Round Finals Week 2 2013] game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly v Cronulla [finals week 2 2013] game day thread

Sheikheagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Just been watching a movie called Sharknado. Up there with the worst I have ever seen but so bad it couldn't be turned off lol. Hope that isn't an omen for this week, the Sharks there claimed a few victims !!

Heh kiwi I have it recorded on IQ haven't watched it yet. Supposed to be a cracker.

I said to myself 20mins in I was goin to turn it off but ended up sitting there til the end to see what they came up with next haha

Hopefully we might see a bit more subtlety from Foz . I don't really like to see him smashing the ball up at a million miles an hour with little or no footwork before the line , especially with Tagataese lurking. I'd like to see him throw more short inside passes with Symonds as a decoy runner on the outside.

Cronulla centres: Ben Pomeroy, Jonathan Wright.

I have complete faith that Jamie and Matai will rip these two apart!

Sharks new winger Feki dropped some sitters last week.

I'd like to see Foz use the inside ball early to get the defence in two minds. Can't remember him doing it at all against the Rorters.

ManlyArmy said:
Sharkies fans killing us in ticket sales.

There will be plenty of walk-ups. There is no need to pre-purchase as this match will not be a sell out.

From triple M

Todd Carney tells us he's no chance of playing against the Sea Eagles. But, he's hoping for a miracle. #nrl

Carney will play he played on the weekend with it and will play again this weekend with it.

ManlyArmy said:
Sharkies fans killing us in ticket sales.

I didn't expect anything else. I'm sure we will hear the usual "it's just so hard to get to Moore park from the nthn beaches on a Friday night".

Jatz Crackers said:
Shoe1 said:
We'll cut them to ribbons in the centers, surely

We will. But Shirley doesn't play for us.

Indeed, I didn't see S. Strachan named at centre.

Lord Eagleton said:
Cronulla centres: Ben Pomeroy, Jonathan Wright.

I have complete faith that Jamie and Matai will rip these two apart!

We should do, but we couldn't take advantage of SKD on saturday night, and we have noticeably tried to target Goodwin when we have played the Bunnies this year and it hasn't paid off, and arguably backfired because we were going too wide, too early (especially the first time we played them). We will struggle to take advantage of any superiority outwide if our forwards don't do the job and at least break even with what really is a pretty powerful sharks pack, who have plenty coming off the bench.

Rambo1987 said:
Carney will play he played on the weekend with it and will play again this weekend with it.

I hope he does.

Rambo1987 said:

I reckon Carney will play too.

Yep I agree, this is do or die for them unless he's crippled they will play him .

Please tell me we are playing in a maroon jerseys this Fri night?? Playing in our home strip gives us extra mojo I believe :)

As we finished higher than the Sharks, we should be in our Maroon Home Jersey.

Mals said:
Please tell me we are playing in a maroon jerseys this Fri night?? Playing in our home strip gives us extra mojo I believe :)

I will be wearing my Maroon strip Mals.........My 1987 personally signed Cliff Lyons jersey..;) have I mentioned how awesome it is?? :p

Clint said:
Mals said:

I will be wearing my Maroon strip Mals.........My 1987 personally signed Cliff Lyons jersey..;) have I mentioned how awesome it is?? :p

Can't read what you've typed Clint... the tears in my eyes are blurring my vision....

Don't have to be a rocket surgeon to know they're going to try and bash us from the opening whistle.....if they don't get the jump on us in the first 20 we'll win this game by 12+. My only fear is fatigue from last weeks game but Donny Singe is the best in the business, he often doesn't rate much of a mention but I wouldn't swap him for any other trainer in the NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4