Manly v Cowboys [Round 26 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
COMMANDER said:
Only 12 hours to kick off. Too early for a beer?

YES

This will be one tough assignment tonight, but in reality it won't get any easier.

Two key injuries in round 25 when you are running first is a bitter pill to swallow.

Ferris is clearly gone for the season, and to be honest does anyone reckon MB will come from a broken fibula in two weeks???.....highly unlikely.

We have done remarkably well this year with a set of players that were deemed "too old....too slow" and a group of "Neville Nobodies" as back up.

But there's no doubt big players win big matches, and whilst I am not chucking the towel in just yet, if we lose tonight and have to face the Bunnies (who will be looking to inflict what we inflicted on them 12 months ago), that will even be a harder road to the big one.

The NRL has been dreaming of a year where we fail miserably, well stuff you National Rabbitohs League we didn't fail, but we may well falter on the home straight!!

ManlyBacker said:
I know what you are talking about Mark but I don't get to drink those exotic top-shelfers. Enjoy yourself all the same mate.

To be honest Stu , the wine I have collected was from when I was working and earned a reasonable income. I just bought half a dozen here and there when I had some spare dollars, and the occasional real top shelf one if I had a good year.

Now I am having to fully fund my lifestyle from savings I head down to 1st Choice or Dan Murphy's and if I spent $15 on a bottle that would be about the limit.

But with over 200 in storage, its a nice treat every month or so to pull one out of the archives and enjoy a top drop.

COMMANDER said:

NO! That's crazy talk.

Esp if by beer, you mean bourbon.

Mark from Brisbane said:
ManlyBacker said:
I know what you are talking about Mark but I don't get to drink those exotic top-shelfers. Enjoy yourself all the same mate.

But with over 200 in storage, its a nice treat every month or so to pull one out of the archives and enjoy a top drop.

My friends was a sommelier for the Sheraton in Brisbane; sounds like you guys would get on.

I've only had 2 bottles of Grange. 1976 and 2000 (I think).

As you are now self funding, keep an eye out on graysonline.com because sometimes they have some real good stuff....going at very reasonable prices.

I guess there are a heap of sites and auction sites like that...but just throwing it out there.

Sounds like, with 200 bottles, you're covered for awhile.

Look after yourself so you can enjoy them!

Mark from Brisbane said:
COMMANDER said:

YES

This will be one tough assignment tonight, but in reality it won't get any easier.

Two key injuries in round 25 when you are running first is a bitter pill to swallow.

Ferris is clearly gone for the season, and to be honest does anyone reckon MB will come from a broken fibula in two weeks???.....highly unlikely.

We have done remarkably well this year with a set of players that were deemed "too old....too slow" and a group of "Neville Nobodies" as back up.

But there's no doubt big players win big matches, and whilst I am not chucking the towel in just yet, if we lose tonight and have to face the Bunnies (who will be looking to inflict what we inflicted on them 12 months ago), that will even be a harder road to the big one.

The NRL has been dreaming of a year where we fail miserably, well stuff you National Rabbitohs League we didn't fail, but we may well falter on the home straight!!

ManlyBacker said:

To be honest Stu , the wine I have collected was from when I was working and earned a reasonable income. I just bought half a dozen here and there when I had some spare dollars, and the occasional real top shelf one if I had a good year.

Now I am having to fully fund my lifestyle from savings I head down to 1st Choice or Dan Murphy's and if I spent $15 on a bottle that would be about the limit.

So let me get this straight: You dont deny receiving a bottle of Grange, but you deny sending a thankyou note to the person who gave it to you. And you dont owe ANY FAVOURS to this person ??

Jerry1 said:
The totes don't give us much of a chance to win. Cows $1.57 eagles $2.50

With our injuries ect those odds are about right. It will be a great win if we can pull it off.

Gutho has his chance to shine at FB. At least we have options there now.

It might just be the camera angle but there isn't much to the change sheds at 1300Smiles, especially the visitors room.

If what Vossy just said it correct then Snake is out more as a precaution and should be back next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6