Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This would be upset of the decade if we where to somehow to win. I really can't wait for this season to end now. It's actually horrible to watch unfold with all the injuries and excuses. Would be nice to send killer off with a few in and highlights wins his final year.

Last edited:
Last week I suggested looking away but this week I think I will leave town. As dramatic as this sounds, this game has the potential to be our worst ever loss if NQL switch on and decide to build some for & against points.

Ralphie don't say that mate otherwise you'll get a Troll from my mate @Boxley

I said as much last night and got Trolled and disliked for every post I did for the whole night!!!

So watch out otherwise " you're next ".

Might be another issue with the Tier 2 Salary Cap, but I'd like to see him given a go, too. Either that or switch Api to hooker and bring in a proper half from the lower grades.

They had to get special dispensation for Knight to play so any others brought up would be the same, I have a feeling you'll see much what we had last night , minus Knight / Parcell.

AFB already features , so him and Mateo to replace.

In my opinion only as I can't see the others bench back yet.

Not sure what they'll do if Tommy & Wright are out as well ( possible).

Last edited:
Once the 17 are posted - let's run through the squad and see how many players in that team would make any top 8 side (based on where they are selected).

Without even knowing the team, it's pretty much Walker if he's picked in the centres, Parcell if fit and that's it. Others are either past it, not there or never will be.

Tapau could if selected properly, Jake has regressed to tackler/ineffective runner due to defensive workload, the bench is a no. And this from me - one of their to date biggest supporters. Not to say I still don't support them but we are so far down on troops that what's left is simply not cutting it at a first grade level.

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Killer
4. Dylan Walker
5. Tom Turbo
6. Mateo
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Api
10. Starling
11. Tapau
12. Buhrer
13. Jake Turbo
14. Vave
15. Brown
16. AFB
17. Burgess (I know, but we are desperate)

Won't happen i know, but is it time to consider finding a spot in the forwards for Jorge? Especially given the possibility of Brown going in at #9 this week (god help us), and the fact we're cooked, what harm can it do?

Give him a simple role of "hard and straight with at least one carry every set". Forget the worry of bombs coming at you - because that's exactly what the cowboys will be doing to him on the wing, just focus on tackling and running. While his metres won't come as easy in the middle with the bigger guys, when you have Jorge, Marty, Jake and Darcy on song taking it forward, that should (in theory) be at least 30-40 metres gained through simple power running. It's something to build momentum and field position upon and hopefully give the halves something to work with on the edges at the end of a set.

Has there been a forfeit since the 1909 grand final? Souffs have the hide to count that as one of their premierships.

Round 1, 1996 when Brisbane, NQ and Canterbury all forfeited in protest over SL not being allowed to start. Auckland were set to join them (they were to play Brisbane), but instead named a side of basically Lion Red Cup players and were awarded the 2 points (NQ were supposed to play the Dogs that round).

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Killer
4. Dylan Walker
5. Tom Turbo
6. Mateo
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Api
10. Starling
11. Tapau
12. Buhrer
13. Jake Turbo
14. Vave
15. Brown
16. AFB
17. Burgess (I know, but we are desperate)
I actually don't mind that side. I'd give young Nicko Hynes a crack at 5/8 though. Mateo to bench and brown out all together.

With luck

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Turbo
4.Walker
5.Williame
6.Lyon
7.DCE
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10.Myles/Starling
11.Taupau
12.Buhrer
13.Jurbo

14.Brown
15.AFB
16.Vave
17.Starling/Mateo but Baz won't pick Mateo
Baz or Bozo won't pick Mateo?

Maybe 100 nil is possible? Realistically we are no chance and we will be luck to keep it under 50

Maybe 100 nil is possible? Realistically we are no chance and we will be luck to keep it under 50

That would be tragic indeed.

Honestly I don't think it will be much worse than last night, maybe 36-6 or something like that and the reason will be that once it gets to that the "boys" will pull Scott / Tamou / Morgan off and the side will be rudderless and cease scoring points.

But don't for a moment think they'll be rested, that's not how NQ works!!

The cows are going to smash us to bits and pieces. I haven't been less pessimistic about the outcome of a game since NE and post days.
Manly supporter's worst nightmare coming up unfortunately. Just being realistic as we all are. Close eyes and lalalalala, not listening!
But
The following Monday I'll be in Sydney and going to Manly and St Merge and Manly are going to win.

It's six in a row now, and looking at the draw it's hard to see us winning any of the next 4 and if we do that ( 10 in a row) I think that would create a record ( which I think stands at 8).

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6