Manly V Brisbane Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Moondog said:
Be great if we can rain on their parade and give them a flogging like we should have done 25 years ago.

I was actually at that game...lived in Moree at the time and came up with a mate...talk about an ambush...we were Premiers in 87 but played the game without a few of them (Kevin Ward who had returned to the UK and Rambo Gibbs who had left us for the Gold Coast to name a couple). I said to my mate on the day "this should be easy we'll put 40 on these wannabe's".....I had to eat my hat as they put 40 on us (forget the score but remember it was 40-10 or something like that)

I hope the reverse happens in Round 1

Mark from Brisbane said:
Moondog said:
Be great if we can rain on their parade and give them a flogging like we should have done 25 years ago.

I was actually at that game...lived in Moree at the time and came up with a mate...talk about an ambush...we were Premiers in 87 but played the game without a few of them (Kevin Ward who had returned to the UK and Rambo Gibbs who had left us for the Gold Coast to name a couple). I said to my mate on the day "this should be easy we'll put 40 on these wannabe's".....I had to eat my hat as they put 40 on us (forget the score but remember it was 40-10 or something like that)

Haha, I was there too, came up from Brunswick Heads for the match.

Moondog said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Moondog said:

Haha, I was there too, came up from Brunswick Heads for the match.

Those were the days Moonie..the old Lang Park...men were men and beers were beers back then!!

I suppose you would have been in those GA old style seats / hill area at the Milton Road end as well....bloody hell I remember it like it was yesterday!!

wombatgc said:
COMMANDER said:
Courier Mail reporting Manly V Brisbane Friday night in round 1, commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Bronco's entry into the league.

Great way to start the season!

If they truly want to commemorate the game, they must get Don Mc Kinnon up there at half time to piiss all over the place!:D

On his seat

Curtain faders love to piss on seats he'd be a hit

Again!

Would love this to be our opener for the 2013 season! Will be booking flights asap if it's confirmed later in the week :D

MARK! You ready to get those MWTS emails out?!

I have been speaking with the Bronco's and they have said the draw will be released Thursday THIS WEEK. They expect Manly to be game 1 after a special request was put in for that to happen BUT they said they were as much in the dark as the rest of us (not sure I actually beleive that but take it as you will).

I would expect there to be some functions celebrating the 25th year for the Brisbane side, probably involving many of the Manly players form that era....we should have access to these if anyobe is interested.

And we will have our usual pre game function at the Caxton, and I'll see if we can get a few of those guys along for our get together as well.

As this will be a Bronco's game it will be Bay 317 again.

I will send an e-mail to everyone about ALL the away games once I get a chance to digest it.

Until then keep enjoying the off season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4