MANLY TRIAL Vs SHARKS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously didn't see the game but mark my words, Leary could well be the surprise packet and buy of the year!!

Improvement, in spades and i think he'd admit at this rate he'll never secure a weekly run in fg

Players should be progressing not becoming stagnant, what has he done since his first run last year? I'm which areas has he improved? It's a rough game and you just can't expect to have a career these days if you're the next coming of Luke Covell or Nick Bradley-Qalilawa

We have different views on players

Take Nick b. Was he a regular first grader or someone who bought to fill in (as per what that salary cap requires - you fill your top 25 etc)

We have different views on players

Take Nick b. Was he a regular first grader or someone who bought to fill in (as per what that salary cap requires - you fill your top 25 etc)

In 04 he wouldn't have been a fill in

Average players require progression otherwise they get chewed up and spat out for a younger version of themselves until a viable fg player is found, he has chosen to be a professional athlete and he's just not up to it yet

I'm hoping all that changes for him even if he leaves manly, but at his current rate of progression i feel it could be unlikely his future will be in this game

Taking a look at it other than 5 to 12 years at $85k playing state cup seems OK but then what? Laboring after all that damage he'll take? Seems pretty grim unless he gets his ass into gear pronto, I'd rather him succeed in the game than not, he's chosen to pull our colors on and try his best, even if he's success isn't here i hope it happens for him, but at the moment that name will go on a long list of true plodders whose names have been lost to the passage of time

Went to the trail today....20 bucks per adult...15 bucks for 10yr olds...70 to get in.....hundreds of ppl stil lining up to get in at kick off.....why was the game held there ? Was brookie booked out...frisbee comp / dog show WTF ?...no hot food left at quarter time...the Rats who were getting the money from the canteen mustn't be used to crowds of over 1000....not even a fkin siren but a bell to let us know when the quarters were up....meet the player opportunity treated like an inconvenience by most of the players....DCE and Jamie Lyon spent the most time with fans signing and having pics...kudos to Jake Turbo and Jayden Hodges also...the ground keepers couldnt even cut the grass on the hill knowing they'd get this sort of turn out....the venue sucked. As with most trials unless you had a program handy good luck knowing who the fringe players were...highlight of the day was catching up with some of the old time regulars and what appeared to be no injuries from the game....thumbs down to management who to me appear to have taken the soft option on only being interested in collecting the gate and leaving the match day experience to someone else....and the next trial is at gosford ....wonder why they dont play em at brookie instead ??

Foz was looking pretty happy in those article photos, hopefully Joey and Matty Johns are giving him some good advice.
those devilish grins on the Johns boys (and Matty with a schooner)...hoping someone personally takes Foz straight home after the game.@:oops:

Thanks BE. I don't know why but I'm really happy we won this trial. Who'd you give the 3,2,1 to?
If you ask me, I'd say 3 to Hodges for a strong game and 1 to Wolfie for an impressive comeback. As for the 2, take your pick!
Seriously its a bit hard to give points with the players being rotated frequently.

Foz was looking pretty happy in those article photos, hopefully Joey and Matty Johns are giving him some good advice.

Joey probably said "I stayed a one club player and became an immortal. He went to the Sharks and became... Reg Regan!! Who do you think made the right choice?"

I couldn't see a lot from the hill .. Hope we don't take any trials or games there again! $20 for a trial at that piece of crap was appalling.
Anyway..

- Hodges looks class and is very good at scooting out close to the line. Some aggressive defence too.
- Luke Burgess will be in the top 17, he is a huge body with some good leg drive. Likewise Mason is just what we missed last year, scored a barnstorming try.
- Jake T was trying his butt off and was involved in everything, looked at home with the first grade squad.
- Snake, Killer, Ballin all had solid hit outs.
- Leary has a big of choc in him in that he can break out of a tackle. Could be the surprise packet.
I fully agree with your assessment of all these players. An omission though was Wolfman, who I thought made an impressive comeback.
As for Rat Park, I beg to differ. Pre-purchase tickets were a reasonable $10 and it was only a trial. I thought the view from the grandstand was very good and the general atmosphere was very pleasant. I also thought there was plenty of space and has potential for future development.
Having said that, the catering and parking were way insufficient. At half time the kiosk was sold out - they said they catered for 1500 and got 3000. Very disappointed with this aspect.
Despite this I quite enjoyed it.....so good to see Manly playing again!

I agree the pricing was poor.

Big Willie put in while he was out there which was good to see. Hodges was the best on the park from both sides by a country mile and deserves congratulations.

All in all it wasn't to bad.

Thanks for the updates BE.

I thought we were supposed to lose all our trial games?!?!?!?

Cost
I agree the pricing was poor.

Big Willie put in while he was out there which was good to see. Hodges was the best on the park from both sides by a country mile and deserves congratulations.

All in all it wasn't to bad.
Cost me $35 for a family ticket for 4.

Brookie was not used because the council recently relaid some turf. The Central Coast Mariners were suppose to play Adelaide there up until a few weeks ago until it was cancelled & moved to Gosford due to concerns with the state of the field.

Joey probably said "I stayed a one club player and became an immortal. He went to the Sharks and became... Reg Regan!! Who do you think made the right choice?"
Matt Johns has said on Triple M he thinks the 2 halves should find a way to stay together.

Cost

Cost me $35 for a family ticket for 4.

They charge kids to attend trials at a suburban ground???

When we're fighting to promote a strong NRL and do anything to encourage growth and the future of Rugby League, that is distressing.

Rothfield can't spell "peninsula" or "gagan"
I read his report on the game,what was it,
Barba gelled so intimately with Cronulla halfback Jeff Robson it appeared they had spent the entire summer learning how to finish each other’s sentences. I had to run off and puke then,what is he writing love stories now

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7