Manly Toyota cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagles2win said:
tookey said:
Maybe Beaver to coach next year

Beaver might be going around again for Catalan next year.

Does anyone know who's coached the Central Coast Centurions this year?
Limited funds and players (after having the goods ones go to NRL clubs) and they managed to finish above some NRL clubs.

Or we could just pick up Parra's u18s one

Rip Taylor I think his name is ! I know his first name is rip.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
hope the boys get up tonight, Dragons aren't much chop and our lads have put in some good performances against top teams in recent weeks. Could be time for that 2nd win.The odds are juicy. paying $2.95 for a game with two at the back end of the ladder ain't bad. might check the change floating around in the car and see if i can triple it.

We got thrashed again, this time by 30 points. They either can't tackle, or don't bother about tackling.
The captain, a rangy second rower (don't know his name), looked promising. Plays a similar game to Beaver. But apart from him I didn't see any other player to get enthusiastic about.

They just keep letting in too many trys each week. Someone should be teaching them a basic defensive pattern. Does anyone know if they train on their own or alongside the FG team? Surely they should be learning something.

Or maybe you should all take a Bex and have a little lie down and read this (from Zorba's column):

FUTURE’S BRIGHT

MANLY’S under-20 Toyota Cup squad may be down at the wrong end of the ladder, but they are showing signs of massive improvement under coach Luke Williamson.

“Willo” has shown his courage by injecting several star youngsters from the club’s talented SG Ball team (under-18s) into his squad.

This is a salute to the future and Manly will have a very competitive side in the elite competition next season.

The young Sea Eagles have stretched both the Roosters and Panthers in recent weeks and with the youngest roster in the competition that is encouraging.

Williamson should be applauded and despite a shaky start in terms of results is certainly a coach of the future.

Phantar said:
Or maybe you should all take a Bex and have a little lie down and read this (from Zorba's column):

FUTURE’S BRIGHT

MANLY’S under-20 Toyota Cup squad may be down at the wrong end of the ladder, but they are showing signs of massive improvement under coach Luke Williamson.

“Willo” has shown his courage by injecting several star youngsters from the club’s talented SG Ball team (under-18s) into his squad.

This is a salute to the future and Manly will have a very competitive side in the elite competition next season.

The young Sea Eagles have stretched both the Roosters and Panthers in recent weeks and with the youngest roster in the competition that is encouraging.

Williamson should be applauded and despite a shaky start in terms of results is certainly a coach of the future.

Garbage. Winning and losing is a culture. Our NYC and Reggies units are, and will be ordinary under current structures. As I stated in another thread, Willow wins 20 odd % of the time as a professional coach.

The sooner we get rid of those teams and strike an affiliation with the Sunshine Coast again the better, as it will save us both time AND money. Who wants to sit and watch our youth team get pummeled every single time before 1st grade?

There's a reason why there's so so many late arrivals at NRL games. Youth competition is a waste of space - for Manly at any rate.

I must agree with Ryan. Watching our Toyota Cup team get flogged each week is deflating. I can't understand why these 'youth' matches are given the importance they are. They certainly shouldn't be the curtain-raiser to first grade.

The Who said:
I must agree with Ryan. Watching our Toyota Cup team get flogged each week is deflating. I can't understand why these 'youth' matches are given the importance they are. They certainly shouldn't be the curtain-raiser to first grade.

That, or make it under 25's. Why 21? Forwards haven't even shown half their potential yet.

A 24 year old kid is still pretty young.

Something else that is annoying me at the moment is the clubs lack of twitter updates of the lower grades. Have to rely on NSWRL and LU

eagles2win said:
Something else that is annoying me at the moment is the clubs lack of twitter updates of the lower grades. Have to rely on NSWRL and LU

Thescore.com.au is pretty good.

Now I'm worried. The few times we have won or drawn in NYC our first grade get beaten.

mickqld said:
Now I'm worried. The few times we have won or drawn in NYC our first grade get beaten.

i was thinking the same when i heard the u/20's score,
hopefully today we will put an end to that pattern

The NYC played well today and deserved to win, five tries to four. I'm not sure if Parra were weak or we just improved, but our attack was good. Of course, whenever a team gets a set of six in our 20-metre line we inevitably let in a soft try, and it happened again today. But it was pleasing that they fought back and scored with about 90 seconds left.

For those interested, our NSW Cup side got thoroughly owned and dominated again 44-12 against The Knights today.

We'll come second last in Premier League.
I HOPE we come second last (not last) at Youth competition levels.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4