Manly to be competitive in Nines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some of the squads being put out there by people on here are rather light on in terms of star power. Remember there is a requirement for a certain percentage of the squads top earning players to be included. Not sure what it is exactly though.

Think our star power will be Dylan, Mateo, Taufua & Turbo the main men....keep in mind these lessor lights will be playing for 1st opportunity during rep times/injuries & will go well....watch the kid Parcell explode here & really hoping if pace has held up - Tim Moltzen can make a statement here...

Some of the squads being put out there by people on here are rather light on in terms of star power. Remember there is a requirement for a certain percentage of the squads top earning players to be included. Not sure what it is exactly though.
Please don't let common sense and competition ruley thingos get in the way of this thread.

Can't do any worse than last year. I thought last year we had a decent squad and we did nothing. I think send some of the newbies and young kids. Walker and Parcel will go well. Build around them for the nines

Damn Wrights injury - this style of footy is custom made for him!!
I think the 2 new Big lower grade Eels wingers will get a run, with the others in the squad
Parcell
Brown
Symonds
Turbo
Moltzen
taufua
Api
Mateo
Walker
Green
Buhrer (if fit)
Starling
Fanua Blake
Johny Walker

Squad should contain this above batch, obviously not all....

Doubt Kapow, Snake, DCE, Myles, Matai or Lyon should or will be considered, maybe Jake but I prefer not personally....
Why johnny walker?

Does anyone really expect a new coach to say anything else? Especially considering the spin that comes out of our club at the moment

Last years squad

SEA EAGLES:
Daly Cherry-Evans (c), Manaia Rudolph, Jayden Hodges, Brayden Wiliame, Tony Satini, Kieran Foran, Clinton Gutherson, Tom Trbojevic, Peta Hiku, Tom Symonds, Cheyse Blair, James Hasson, Feleti Mateo, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Josh Starling, Michael Chee Kam, Blake Leary, Dunamis Lui.

Judging by that it isn't a great way to further your career at Manly - almost half that team have been punted so there are some holes to fill.

Isn't there some rule about having to name a certain percentage of your top 25 squad (I think 50% is what it is) and also at least one marquee player ?? Not sure who will be our marquee player as it is unlikely to be Snake or DCE, so who does that leave now Foran and Hasson have moved on ?? Really only leaves Killer, Walker or Kapow I suppose.

It'd be nice if Wright was right for it, he had surgery back in August so a medial should be OK after 6 months ?? I'm also confident Parcell will get a run.

Why johnny walker?
An ex junior union player who would possibly adapt well to 9's footy.
Signed same time as Wright & is supposedly a versatile backrower.
Maybe too quick to throw him in mate, was just a thought...

No mate, highlights may give that impression as his support play & vision get him in the position to always be alive in attack, where your quick support halves like Milford would be.
That's 1 of Parcells best attributes, does not pass & then think job done, time to get to dummy half for the next play, gets himself in position to attack - off the ball, with the speed to take advantage with a half break or 2nd phase play.

Last years squad

SEA EAGLES:
Daly Cherry-Evans (c), Manaia Rudolph, Jayden Hodges, Brayden Wiliame, Tony Satini, Kieran Foran, Clinton Gutherson, Tom Trbojevic, Peta Hiku, Tom Symonds, Cheyse Blair, James Hasson, Feleti Mateo, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Josh Starling, Michael Chee Kam, Blake Leary, Dunamis Lui.

Judging by that it isn't a great way to further your career at Manly - almost half that team have been punted so there are some holes to fill.

Isn't there some rule about having to name a certain percentage of your top 25 squad (I think 50% is what it is) and also at least one marquee player ?? Not sure who will be our marquee player as it is unlikely to be Snake or DCE, so who does that leave now Foran and Hasson have moved on ?? Really only leaves Killer, Walker or Kapow I suppose.

It'd be nice if Wright was right for it, he had surgery back in August so a medial should be OK after 6 months ?? I'm also confident Parcell will get a run.
Initially diagnosed as medial for Tom Wright, but I thought it ended up being an ACL operation. If so, that is 9-12 months I'd say.

An ex junior union player who would possibly adapt well to 9's footy.
Signed same time as Wright & is supposedly a versatile backrower.
Maybe too quick to throw him in mate, was just a thought...
All good maxta. There's afew good up and comers from our juniors like dylan kelly , rhys Armstrong , even bill Bainbridge all done good things in league for this club . All very good players. would like to see what walker has in the trials before we elevate him above these guys

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8