[Resurrected] Manly & the media (and the "media" in general)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Yes it is a Saturday night where I have had more wines than I should have but I cannot understand why so many people on here make judgement calls on players based on “news” articles (which almost always do not have direct quotes). It is to the point where some are saying that they do not want to support the club, watch games or even renew membership from it.

Some quick googling revealed the following bullsh*t articles

Remember last year when DCE was odds on to go to the bongos?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...act-expires-20140612-zs58y.html#ixzz34T4Oa0vY

Steve Matai was gone

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl.../story-e6frf3ou-1227190014193?from=public_rss

Jamie B a target for the eels

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl.../story-fn2mcuj6-1226856646369?from=public_rss

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-big-offer-20140225-33fpd.html#ixzz2uKU2txLp

We are linked with Mark O’Meley

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-wyong-kangaroos/story-e6frf3ou-1226846207116

Some parra nuffie

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rd-act-to-follow/story-e6frext9-1226629546142

The whole darkest day business

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport.../story-e6frep5x-1226595949936?from=public_rss

Jamie is gone

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport.../story-e6frep5x-1226595949936?from=public_rss

And that is without even looking at social media. Do yourself a favour and look at the media with a critical eye rather than giving an emotional response to everything that comes up

I honestly think we need to hear from the media. I want a straight answer. Why do you try so hard to bury us?? I dont get it. Dont give me this s#@t about every team cops it. No one gets it as bad as Manly. The whole titans team are racking up cocaine yet Manly articles dominate titans 2 to 1.

To be fair every you could do the same article on almost any club

They key is for us fans to not buy into it so much

I honestly think we need to hear from the media. I want a straight answer. Why do you try so hard to bury us?? I dont get it. Dont give me this s#@t about every team cops it. No one gets it as bad as Manly. The whole titans team are racking up cocaine yet Manly articles dominate titans 2 to 1.

Because all good theatre needs a baddie, we wear the black hat !

Easy fix. Every time a story comes out in the media that is not true, a spokesperson or the player themselves should come out in the media and calmly call the story a crock.

The problem there is that after a couple of times, the media wouldn't want to give the club or the talked about player the opportunity to clear the air in the same newspaper that made up the lie in the first place.

So, the club should be way more proactive, get on the front foot and not only call the stories that are made up by lazy sports journo's crap, but ask them, through our own club website to tell us where they got there info from.

I'd love to see the club do this through their website. If only to appease us, the loyal fans. Let us know what's really what, and let the general public believe what they will by reading the papers. It would give us some peace of mind and confidence that the club really does know what it's doing.

How good would it have been last week when the eels scumbags were here carrying on like tools about Foran, if all we had to do was visit the official website, and get the truth about the situation?

Oh well......it's just a thought.

Easy fix. Every time a story comes out in the media that is not true, a spokesperson or the player themselves should come out in the media and calmly call the story a crock.

The problem there is that after a couple of times, the media wouldn't want to give the club or the talked about player the opportunity to clear the air in the same newspaper that made up the lie in the first place.

So, the club should be way more proactive, get on the front foot and not only call the stories that are made up by lazy sports journo's crap, but ask them, through our own club website to tell us where they got there info from.

I'd love to see the club do this through their website. If only to appease us, the loyal fans. Let us know what's really what, and let the general public believe what they will by reading the papers. It would give us some peace of mind and confidence that the club really does know what it's doing.

How good would it have been last week when the eels scumbags were here carrying on like tools about Foran, if all we had to do was visit the official website, and get the truth about the situation?

Oh well......it's just a thought.

Spot on Moz, I listened to the radio interview audio of Killer in another post and he says in his natural way that Matai was upset about some of the stories about him leaving our club and that he loves being at Manly. Being a Skivvy fan I wish I had heard that weeks ago.

Spot on Moz, I listened to the radio interview audio of Killer in another post and he says in his natural way that Matai was upset about some of the stories about him leaving our club and that he loves being at Manly. Being a Skivvy fan I wish I had heard that weeks ago.

Exactly, Mate! Give me words from the horses mouth, not crap that some gutter raking journo, or some eavesdropping friend of a friend of a player (which usually translates to, "I read it on another forum") comes up with.

I would have loved Matai to come out and say NOT TRUE! Rumours finished.

Because managers.

Pond scum like Gavin Orr and co, desperately trying to get more of the coin they didn't earn as average footballers, but now feel "entitled" to.

It's all about playing clubs off against each other so that their 10% is biggerer. And they give exactly zero f*cks for fans lol..

You know who would make an excellent player manager? Jason King! If I were Kingy, with my knowledge of the law, I'd be making a few calls to current Manly players, young and old, just to let them know I'd be interested in representing them.

*sigh*.....If only I were Kingy. I would be telling players both current and future targets, that if you sign with Manly, I'll only take 5%. That would put some noses out of joint in the world of managers. :rock:

My end of summer resolution.

I'm not responding to any thread (other than in a sarcastic or cynical way) about either of the two halves leaving.

This has been "done to death" and no one can add anything more that hasn't already been said 5000 times.

I'll wait until they announce something, or November 15th (when they do or don't turn up for training).

Still mate, needs to be discussed, because it may be the most important facet of our club for the next decade or so ! Its affecting everything. Form. Other players being forced out. Fan satisfaction. As much as dce and foran WANT it completely all about them, it isn't, there's more to it.

To be honest, since about 8 weeks before the end of the finals last year, all these super heroes have done is lost games of footy, and created bad press for the club.

I dint yet why they are so over sensationalised.

What's grating at me. Why is it so hard for these two blokes who have been at manly since NYC to commit to the club?

Why is it such a struggle for foran to work out if he wants to stay or not?

It makes me feel they couldn't give a toss about the club they been at for 5+ years

It's beautiful sunny day here in QLD, currently enjoying a coffee and about to head out for lunch.

And still pumped about almost beating those bloody Kiwi's yesterday after the worst batting performance in ages.

Going to wash the Fourby this arvo when it cools down a bit, hate the vacuuming bit!!

Whoops, thought this was Facebook, sorry!!!

UFC 184 today!! Can't wait to see Ronda Rousey kick some butt!!

Whoops, I thought this was facebook too! That's really weird because I'm not on facebook. :shake:

Doesn't matter, GO RONDA!!!

UFC 184 today!! Can't wait to see Ronda Rousey kick some butt!!

Whoops, I thought this was facebook too! That's really weird because I'm not on facebook. :shake:

Doesn't matter, GO RONDA!!!

Just saw the prelim to that bout.

*twilight zone music (or some other crappy clip you post in the clips thread) :p

It's beautiful sunny day here in QLD, currently enjoying a coffee and about to head out for lunch.

And still pumped about almost beating those bloody Kiwi's yesterday after the worst batting performance in ages.

Going to wash the Fourby this arvo when it cools down a bit, hate the vacuuming bit!!

Whoops, thought this was Facebook, sorry!!!
Lol, go Mark

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7