Manly team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Coach Geoff Toovey has named a strong side for the Sea Eagles’ season opener against the Storm at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night.

Recruits Josh Starling, Dunamis Lui and Cheyse Blair are set to make their debuts for the club after Toovey included the trio in the side.

Wingers David Williams and Jorge Taufua have failed to overcome knee and shoulder injuries respectively and will miss Saturday night’s blockbuster.

Peta Hiku and Blair will line up on the edges, while Jesse Sene-Lefao returns to the side for the first time since round one last year after an impressive pre-season.

Front rower Jason King has also failed to recover in time and will miss the clash with an ongoing shoulder injury.

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v MELBOURNE STORM

Round 1 - 2014 NRL Premiership

Saturday 8 March, 2014 – Brookvale Oval

NRL Kick-Off 7pm

Follow @manlyseaeagles for live updates - Join the conversation #gomanly

Sea Eagles - Round 26 NRL Team List

1. Brett Stewart

2. Cheyse Blair

3. Jamie Lyon (c)

4. Steve Matai

5. Peta Hiku

6. Kieran Foran

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Starling

9. Matt Ballin

10. Brenton Lawrence

11. Anthony Watmough

12. Justin Horo

13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14. Jesse Sene-Lefao

15. James Hasson

16. Jamie Buhrer

17. Dunamis Lui

No Wolfie :(

But at least he has signed till end 2015 :)
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/04/williams_set_to_fly_against_storm.html

I think the bench is the way to go. With King out, JSL at least has some FG experience. With King back in the close future JT will get his turn.

HappilyManly said:
No Wolfie :(

But at least he has signed till end 2015 :)
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/04/williams_set_to_fly_against_storm.html

I was told he has to have a final fitness test towards the end of the week, unless things have changed

I'm very happy with the side. It's up to the new boys to give it a real shot and cement a place in the seventeen. I like the bench - plenty of speed in the big men and I hope a bit of mongrel.

He's out if he's not named. If he was in he would have been named with Blair on the bench.

Kind of interesting that Lui (Jake T), Blair (Gutho), Starling (Sao) are named but not in the top 25, but players for those spots are in the top 25.

Eaglette Fan said:
Anyone got a team list for Holden and NSW Cups?

They probably get released on a Wednesday like the Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams.

Full Storm side below:

1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
4 Mahe Fonua
5 Young Tonumaipea
6 Ben Hampton
7 Ben Roberts
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14 Kenny Bromwich
15 Tohu Harris
16 Jordan McLean
17 George Rose
18 Mitch Garbutt
19 Slade Griffin
20 Joel Romelo

Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Young Tonumaipea 6. Ben Hampton 7. Ben Roberts 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange: 14. Kenny Bromwich 15. Tohu Harris 16. Jordan McLean 17. George Rose 18. Mitch Garbutt 19. Slade Griffin 20. Joel Romelo
REFEREE: Gerard Sutton; ASSIST REFEREE: Gavin Reynolds
TOUCH JUDGES: Steve Carrall & Nick Beashel
VIDEO REFEREES: Jared Maxwell & Luke Patten

Interesting Rose #17 on a 7 man bench. A few years since he's seen any Round 1 action.

We will know who is actually playing just after 6pm Saturday. I will believe Cronk is out earlier if they leave him in Melbourne.

Its a miracle anytime 2 teams both line up for kick off as per program.

At least Snake doesn't seem to be in any doubt. A while since thats been the case.

Still crossing my fingers the wolf might be foxing...

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Young Tonumaipea 6. Ben Hampton 7. Ben Roberts 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange: 14. Kenny Bromwich 15. Tohu Harris 16. Jordan McLean 17. George Rose 18. Mitch Garbutt 19. Slade Griffin 20. Joel Romelo
REFEREE: Gerard Sutton; ASSIST REFEREE: Gavin Reynolds
TOUCH JUDGES: Steve Carrall & Nick Beashel
VIDEO REFEREES: Jared Maxwell & Luke Patten

Manly Squad should then be '11.Old Watmough 1.Old Stewart 13.Even Older Stewart..' :p

I really think Turbo Jet should have been given the opportunity ahead of Jesse, but it will certainly happen later in the season.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I really think Turbo Jet should have been given the opportunity ahead of Jesse, but it will certainly happen later in the season.

Jesse was in the top 17 early last year so it stands to reason he'd get first shot.
Also think it's a softly, softly approach for Joe T, his time will come - RD 1 v The Storm and RD 2 v Rabbits - so not really the time to give him that responsibility. He'll be needed later in the year, keep the young ones fresh and keen, high rotation this year to give them all a taste.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4