Manly team v chooks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. George Rose 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Terence Seuseu 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Tim Robinson 17. Vic Mauro

What does Cunningham think from this ? Form is irrelevant. I wonder if other clubs are noticing his form ?

Theres a handful of maybes-
Oldfield - Seems to have it - speed, enthusiasm, size
Cunningham - Would give him a crack from the bench no doubt
Moujali - Apparently a feared man - lacking this big time
Lussick - must be injured - between Buhrer & this guy both will be close to our best within 2 years.
The team we have will go close imo - the speed of the Rooters backs is a massive concern as is obviously Pearce & Carney but Melbournes 3 big guns were pretty much closed down last week- we just lacked points to put them away.

Jono link said:
Where's Harrison? and why aren't we playing Kyle Lodge if he is well enough to be in NSW Cup?

Lussick not named in NSW cup either so boh must be injured (again)

Captain of the Gate link said:
I'm surprised Buhrer is on bench again, he was arguably our best last week and Galuvao didn't ofer a lot. It may be a plan to have Buhrer running around a little later in the hoping to step tired edge defenders. Hopa in the centres seems a smart move given the players available.
I'd prefer Robinson to Cross. Robinson may be a rookie but Cross had nothing last year and doubt he ever will. That being said I've never seen Robinson play, can anyone give me insight into what type of player he is. Is he a 2nd Rower or a Prop?

The only thing that Joe offers over Jamie is size.  I'd say to start the game thats what Des wants.  We do look decidedly small with Buhrer in the starting pack.  I'm guessing he'll play 50-60 odd minutes.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. George Rose 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
I have to say this is the weakest team i can remember manly fielding,it is close to some of the Northen Eagles rubbish that was served up to us.Gee we have really drop down the food chain. Tim Robinson  was lucky to play reserve grade in a eels team which was legless last year yet he cruises in to our squad yet again were are the young forwards we are told are coming through. If we go 0-5 at start of season which unless we improve greatly we will, it must be time for Des to give a pink slip to The Preacher and Fatso rose and give a young backrower a chance as well as a young prop  if we have any. I can take losing with young kids but not salary cap thiefs in Rose, Preacher, Mauro, SeuSeu, and let trex know there is no contract for him next year

Sorta hear what ya saying.

But in the circumstances, like the mobility of the bench after initial bashup & the energy wolf & hoppa brings to backline.

Would've named Snake as co-captain with Gift. Media would have jumped all over it!! (Heads up Zorb)

Greg choice link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186872.msg323420#msg323420 date=1300162314]
I have to say this is the weakest team i can remember manly fielding,it is close to some of the Northen Eagles rubbish that was served up to us.Gee we have really drop down the food chain. Tim Robinson  was lucky to play reserve grade in a eels team which was legless last year yet he cruises in to our squad yet again were are the young forwards we are told are coming through. If we go 0-5 at start of season which unless we improve greatly we will, it must be time for Des to give a pink slip to The Preacher and Fatso rose and give a young backrower a chance as well as a young prop  if we have any. I can take losing with young kids but not salary cap thiefs in Rose, Preacher, Mauro, SeuSeu, and let trex know there is no contract for him next year
[/quote]

Bit tough calling Mauro and Seu Seu salary cap thiefs.  From my understanding they are on the minimum with match payments.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Greg choice link=topic=186872.msg323551#msg323551 date=1300186267]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186872.msg323420#msg323420 date=1300162314]
[/quote]

Bit tough calling Mauro and Seu Seu salary cap thiefs.  From my understanding they are on the minimum with match payments.
[/quote]I agree they are on minimum wage so to speak,but surely those spots could be and should be taken by players with a future at the club. I may be wrong but if Mauro or SeuSeu are playing first grade this time next year with us we are in strife. I also don't think any clubs would be signing them. If we don't have an 18 or 19 year old on our books who could do the job that these 2 do then someone is not doing there job. 

FMD, you'de think the world was coming to an end.
We lost a first rnd match by 12 points while suffering injuries during the game that required a reshuffle of the backline.

Give the guys another chance before you put the boot in.
Seu Seu and Mauro are both young. Mauro has been in the system for a few years now and I have faith in Des and Crusher when it comes to picking young talent. Front rowers tend to mature later as footballers so the more game time he get's the better he'll be in a yr or 2.

WAMF link said:
FMD, you'de think the world was coming to an end.
We lost a first rnd match by 12 points while suffering injuries during the game that required a reshuffle of the backline.

Give the guys another chance before you put the boot in.
Seu Seu and Mauro are both young. Mauro has been in the system for a few years now and I have faith in Des and Crusher when it comes to picking young talent. Front rowers tend to mature later as footballers so the more game time he get's the better he'll be in a yr or 2.
Give them another chance, we have seen seu seu last year so I'm not judging him on 1 game and as for mauro he will be 25 in a few day's and if he is our future we have none. The injury excuse just don't cut it we weren't playing the Dragons or the Roosters or even the Raiders we were playing a storm team rebuilt in 6 months. Take slater,Cronk,Smith,manu and blair who else did they have no names and we looked 3rd rate.

So how many times did you see Seu Seu play 1st grade last year?

He had a game at the start of last season, which wasn't his best and then he was given a chance in the final game against the dragons.
In that game, any half fair minded person would have seen he brought some spark off the bench and was worthy of a bench spot.
Get over yourself mate.

Evo link said:
Sorta hear what ya saying.

But in the circumstances, like the mobility of the bench after initial bashup & the energy wolf & hoppa brings to backline.

Would've named Snake as co-captain with Gift. Media would have jumped all over it!! (Heads up Zorb)

and wouldn't that irk that clown that pretends to run the No Real Leadership!his whipping boy co-captain of his least favourite nrl team!

WAMF link said:
So how many times did you see Seu Seu play 1st grade last year?

He had a game at the start of last season, which wasn't his best and then he was given a chance in the final game against the dragons.
In that game, any half fair minded person would have seen he brought some spark off the bench and was worthy of a bench spot.
Get over yourself mate.
I have seen him play first grade not only for us but also for the sharks and newcastle the facts are he was NO good for them yet we have him clogging our squad, if you think he added spark good luck to you maybe you like watching reserve graders parading as first graders I don't

But you explicitly said "we have seen Seu Seu last year"
I just asked how many more times other then the 2 games i mentioned, that you saw him play last year?

WAMF link said:
But you explicitly said \"we have seen Seu Seu last year\"
I just asked how many more times other then the 2 games i mentioned, that you saw him play last year?
If you are asking for us no more then the 2 you have mentioned, I have seen him on fox in the qld cup, and also for newcastle and the sharks. I don't think you need to see a player for a full season to tell if he has it or not. 

We need a replacement hooker to come out just before halftime, thoughs that say Ballin can handle a whole 80 minutes can cram it, Ballins lost his spark, he doesnt distribute the ball as well as when he partnered another hooker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6