1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly team v chooks

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. George Rose 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
    Interchange: 14. Terence Seuseu 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Tim Robinson 17. Vic Mauro

2. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    How are we going to get 45 mins out of George.

3. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Todd Carney has been named 18th man for Roosters - team still to come..

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Glenn Stewart has been named as the captain for this week's game

5. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Robinson and mauro ? They must have shown something over the off season I'd start with buhrer in the second row and drop smokin Joe to the bench !

6. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    That is identical to the team that Ryan quoted earlier today except Robinson is in for Cross.  

No surprises from Des.

7. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I'm surprised Buhrer is on bench again, he was arguably our best last week and Galuvao didn't ofer a lot. It may be a plan to have Buhrer running around a little later in the hoping to step tired edge defenders. Hopa in the centres seems a smart move given the players available.
    I'd prefer Robinson to Cross. Robinson may be a rookie but Cross had nothing last year and doubt he ever will. That being said I've never seen Robinson play, can anyone give me insight into what type of player he is. Is he a 2nd Rower or a Prop?

8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Ryan must have inside info

9. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    So would I.

10. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Perhaps he is the goat?  ;D

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    in the season guide it has Robbo1 as 2rf/frf (btw Robbo2 is Michael )

12. Brewski

Brewski Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Is this the actual team for sunday?

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    yes

Injury Update after Round 1
    14/03/2011 1:44:10 PM
    http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=34295&title=injury-update-after-round-1

Manly skipper Jamie Lyon will miss between two and four weeks with a hamstring injury he received in the first half of last Saturday’s game against the Melbourne Storm in Melbourne.

Scans today confirmed the injury in a body blow to both the player and the club.

“An injury first up after training throughout summer is a bummer but I will be working hard to get back as quickly as I can, “Lyon said.

In a further blow to the club hard working backrower Shane Rodney injured his shoulder in his comeback game in the NSW Cup game at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday and will be out for at least six weeks.

Rodney underwent a knee reconstruction late last season and was testing it out in the NSW Cup game when he dislocated his shoulder.
    Coach Des Hasler said losing Lyon and Rodney so early in the season an instant test on the club’s depth.

“With Steve Matai still suspended and Dean Whare recovering from injury we are short on centres at the moment but we will be okay,” Hasler said.

The early worry over utility back Will Hopoate has eased. Hopoate’s shoulder was cleared of serious damage to a shoulder following scans today.
    He is considered a possibility of playing against the roosters next Sunday at the SFS.

In further good news David Williams has been cleared to played against the roosters after missing round one with a hamstring injury.

NYC:
    Sione Ala
    Mark Falaniko
    Josh Portlock
    Michael McDougall
    Patrick Sipley
    Taylor Matthews
    Josh Drinkwater
    Magnus Stromquist (c)
    Ajay Vaivaka
    Tane Rapira
    Haami Kerr
    Jason Annear
    Jamie Anderson

Nathan Cooper
    Samiuela Kei
    Kasye Greer
    Justin Lemalu
    James Clout

NSW Cup:
    Scott Blanch
    Ben Shorter
    Kyle Lodge
    Michael Oldfield
    Michael Chapman
    Liam Foran
    Gary Riccardi (c)
    Matt Cross
    Liam Higgins
    James Cunningham
    Daniel Harrison
    Mitch Jowett
    Joseph Hawkins

Alex Taufo
    Beau Bovis
    Ray Moujali
    Junior Palau

14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Robinson is 4 foot tall and 180kg.  He only has 2 fingers on each hand (he cut his other fingers off in a chainsaw accident because his vision isn't that good) so ball handling is not his strong point.  He tends to play whatever position is closest at the time, because he cannot run long distances of more than 25m or so.  Oh, and he had a threesome with the referee's wife and sister last weekend.

Still prefer him over Cross?   :p

15. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good team, no Cross.

16. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    I heard the threesome included the refs wife and the ref. We are a shoe in.

17. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Robinson is 4 foot tall and 180kg.  He only has 2 fingers on each hand (he cut his other fingers off in a chainsaw accident because his vision isn't that good) so ball handling is not his strong point.  He tends to play whatever position is closest at the time, because he cannot run long distances of more than 25m or so.  Oh, and he had a threesome with the referee's wife and sister last weekend.

Still prefer him over Cross?   :p
    [/quote]

Is he Watmough's twin brother?

18. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Mauro went ok without setting the world on fire and Des can get good minutes out of Vic so I think that's why he stays in the 17.
    Robinson...I'm not sure about him for this particular match. He's no prop and that's what we need. I really would have like to have seen Moujalli on the bench.

19. Heatseeker

Heatseeker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  20. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Where's Harrison? and why aren't we playing Kyle Lodge if he is well enough to be in NSW Cup?