1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly team, Neumann ?????

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, May 15, 2007.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Shane Neumann, Nick Bradley-Qualilawa, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Mark Bryant, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
    Interchange: Matt Ballin, Glenn Hall, George Rose, Adam Cuthbertson

Sea Eagles Premier League: Sean Meaney, James Mortimer, Sean Dalton, Sam Key, Junior Ahio, Jeff Robson (c), Aaron Groom, Sione Finefeuiaki, Shane Dunley, Phil Morwood, John O’Sullivan, Jack Afamasaga, Jason Wells
    Interchange: Blake Hanlon, Chris Trembath, Tim Mortimer, Adam Shaw, Bede Touhy, Todd Barrow

Sea Eagles Jersey Flegg: Lincoln Gutherson, Dean Connell, Matt Grieve, Andrew Everingham, John Grey, Kieran Foran, Harry Berryman, Brooke Nickson, J P Hawach, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Jon Grieve, Hayden Stevens, Trent Rose
    Interchange: Darrell Jang, Mark Offerdahl, Jack Pona, Santana Palmer, Jamie Tonga, Scott Burns, George McDonnell, Matt Hastie, Illija Radan

2. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Neumann is a bit of a shock. He came to Manly with some fair raps on him from up north, but he's been a regular in Flegg so far in '07. A flegg side that has hardly been blowing teams out of the water....

Good to see some new blood though.

3. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 37
    Well there you go, good on him, big wraps when we signed him, hopefully he'll go we'll

Looks like Meaney will never get a run in firsts for Manly

4. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I thought Meaney would have been picked with Hicks in the centres.

Can someone shed more light on Neumann?

5. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Also looks as if Bani is injured (hence maybe why Koala was playing on the wing at the end of the PL game last week. I take it Bani was injured early in the match?).

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    I thought Neumann was a winger anyway??

im befuzzled.

Interestingly after seeing the PL team this week with Dunley back i realised Groom has moved to half back. Any coincedence a team that was 2 from 7 beat the top top ranked team the first week he moved into his rightful position?

7. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Wow, what a shock from Des, normally one of the most conservative coaches on selections

1 thing that we can probably count on, if Des is prepared to give him a run from Flegg, he must be the goods because he normally holds people back until they are well ready eg Ballin.

Am pretty excited about it tbh, love watching new young talent make their debuts for Manly, especially when i havent sighted them before

8. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 37
    From what i remember, he had big wraps when we signed him, but is young and was slight of frame so many expected him to be a year off............................Many were wrong

I think he'll go well, has more of a footy pedigree than Bani etc

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lets hope he pl;ays well on Monday.

10. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    its a massive positive that the forward pack is still strong only missing Kitey, looks like we will try and smash them up the middle, lets hope Kingey lifts another notch and leads the way!

11. JeffK

JeffK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For God's sake Matt B, get out of there.

12. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I expect Beaver may make a "shock" return out wide.

13. wombat76

wombat76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been thinking the same thing.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Beaver in the pack and Choc in centres.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I had that thought too, but thinking about it, if that was to happen there would be a 'safer' option selected at centre i think

Picking a guy straight from Flegg is going to create a bit of coverage, and media will be keen to get in there and learn more about him etc. Can't see him being exposed to all that then left out at the last minute

15. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Good for Shane but surely Meaney must feel ripped off & Ballin a bit shocked.

What happened to naming Jamie Lyon to cop the suspension ?

16. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
  17. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
  18. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    :lol: Beat me to it SDS.

Well well well what do we have here???

Here we all were putting crap on "conservative Des" and then BANG!

Some neville known only as Neumann gets the gig.. Looking forward to watching the young bloke play. Good on him.