Manly table cherry to keep Daly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
JUST days after his future with Manly was thrown into doubt, halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is now set to sign a new deal with the Sea Eagles as early as next week.

Read the full article

It might be me being harsh but if Orr thinks the last 4 paragraphs in that piece defends himself against criticism about DCE contracts then he aint too bright. And I sadly note shoulders is with Orr aswell.

"Orr, meanwhile, has defended himself after criticism of Cherry-Evans's current deal, which had left the now Australian representative on a salary of $85,000 this season. Orr said he was unable to have any representative bonuses or match payments inserted into this year's portion of the contract due to salary-cap pressures.

The fact that Cherry-Evans, a premiership-winning halfback, is so underpaid compared with other playmakers in the NRL is the key reason Orr made overtures about seeking a release during stalled talks last week.

''If he had other options, he might have taken a better deal,'' Orr said of the current deal, which was signed in 2010, before Cherry-Evans had played first grade. ''But the fact is he didn't.

''He also wasn't prepared to leave Manly. He wanted to stay.''

''He also wasn't prepared to leave Manly. He wanted to stay.''

This is the quote i love!!!!

''If he had other options, he might have taken a better deal,'' Orr said of the current deal, which was signed in 2010, before Cherry-Evans had played first grade. ''But the fact is he didn't.
.....................................................................................
Really? Orr must of had thought he was going to be a dud, then put pen to paper on a 3 year deal with no upgrade clauses.

How many players has he got on his books that have signed big deals but have turned out to be duds? Is he going to ask the clubs to reduce their contracts? I think not.

What a moron this guy is, why would any player want him as their manager?

Orr's defence of the negotiations incriminate him even further. What a goose throwing hypertheticals up as a defence.

I was listening to Orr's interview on Fox Sports last night and it was a complete turn of attitude from "we want more money" to "Daly insists he wants to stay at the club long term and we are working to make that happen". I wonder who got in his ear? The old boys maybe? The senior players? Or did Daly tell his manager off and tell him he wanted to stay at Manly?

In addition, it seems like they have come to the conclusion that there won't be much we can do this year to upgrade his contract, so Orr needs to get some 3rd party deals going. This is a very different answer to what he was giving Thursday.

It sounds like it might have been the last one from that quote saying that Daly didn't want to move when they signed the original contract. It's about time loyalty came back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4