Manly Star Gave Little Fighter The Will To Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
This is the smile of a six year old battler finally meeting the footy hero who helped inspire him in his battle against leukaemia.
Boscoe Harris had his Make a Wish dream granted when Manly Sea Eagles player Brett Stewart rode with him in a stretch hummer to go bowling yesterday.
Mum Nikki described the day as "the light at the end of a long tunnel."
Diagnosed with leukaemia in 2011, Boscoe spent two years in treatment, including a year in Westmead Children's hospital. She said there were a few times they came close to losing Boscoe and Stewart had been a huge inspiration in keeping her sons spirits up.
"He was nearly in a coma, and we were saying "you're going to be like Brett one day and play for Manly", and he woke up, looked at us, nodded and went back to sleep, she said.
She said Boscoe, now in remission was back to his energetic self and "thinks he is Brett Stewart" after scoring three tries in his first season of league last year.

(Naomi White : Daily Telegraph 24/1/14)

I couldn't post as an article, as I couldn't find this story online. Awesome to read the little guy is in remission. What a great person Brett is. Champion both on and off the field.

bones said:
This is the smile of a six year old battler finally meeting the footy hero who helped inspire him in his battle against leukaemia.
Boscoe Harris had his Make a Wish dream granted when Manly Sea Eagles player Brett Stewart rode with him in a stretch hummer to go bowling yesterday.
Diagnosed with leukaemia in 2011, Boscoe spent two years in treatment, including a year in Westmead Children's hospital. She said there were a few times they came close to losing Boscoe and Stewart had been a huge inspiration in keeping her sons spirits up.
"He was nearly in a coma, and we were saying "you're going to be like Brett one day and play for Manly", and he woke up, looked at us, nodded and went back to sleep, she said.
She said Boscoe, now in remission was back to his energetic self and "thinks he is Brett Stewart" after scoring three tries in his first season of league last year.

I couldn't post as an article, as I couldn't find this story online. Awesome to read the little guy is in remission. What a great person Brett is. Champion both on and off the field.

I am so happy for the little fella and it gives me renewed hope that I may beat my cancer. A child saved is a major bonus for humanity.

Townsville Eagle said:
bones said:

I am so happy for the little fella and it gives me renewed hope that I may beat my cancer. A child saved is a major bonus for humanity.

Awesome stuff for the little bloke and good luck and best wishes fighting that disease too Townsville Eagle.

But on a serious note, it was good to see a positive story about footballers and particularly to Snake.

But where is the banner headlines from the popular press?

Rebecca Wilson, where are you? Good news sells as well you know.

Been a while since I have logged on here, hope all had a great Christmas & New Year.

Anyway watched this story on the news last night and although I am not Manly fan its great to see stuff like this from the players its just a shame they don't show more of this no matter what club or players do it. This happen more often than not across the NRL yet they just focus on the troubled players.

The smile on the kids face was priceless

Dear oh dear oh dear?? What are the Daily Telegraph doing? Posting positive articles about Brett Stewart. Surely someone has snuck this under the radar.

What a brilliant story and like others have said, the smile on the little fellas face is just beautiful. So much of this positive work that gets done (by all clubs) seems to get lost amid the idiot factor. Great to see this celebrated.

Snake you are and always will be the 'Prince of Brookvale'.

Bones, that story is awesome. Snake is an absolute champion and so is the little man. Well done to the journalist who published such a positive article when most just focus on negativitiy. Seriously,who cares which RL player put a nude selfie on Instagram? Second thoughs, maybe me if it was Wolfie.
Great work Snake. Go Manly

bones said:

i truly understand the significance of this great story...but i have to ask..is not Boscoe the coolest name ever!:)

wombatgc said:
i have to ask..is not Boscoe the coolest name ever!:)

One or both of his parents must have been a fan of Third Watch.

The best part about that story is B.S. was probably having just as much fun great story , hope the little guy pulls through

Las Vegas Blvd said:
The best part about that story is B.S. was probably having just as much fun great story , hope the little guy pulls through

He is in remission mate :)

What a little champion Boscoe is.

I can just see him giving Snake tips on how he can score 3 tries for Manly just like he did for his side.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4