Manly side V Chooks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
22/07/2008 - By Manly Sea Eagles

Coach Des Hasler has picked a six man bench including 2007 Grandfinalist Jack Afamasaga, halfback Jeff Robson and Luke Williamson who is hoping to return from injury.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, David Williams, Steve Menzies, Matt Orford ©, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Hall, Glenn Stewart
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson, Jack Afamasaga, Jeff Robson, Luke Williamson (2 players to be omitted)

Very very quick recovery from Williamson

Personally i would like to see Jack given a run ahead of him though, he went ok for us last season and it could be a good part of the year for him to have another crack

I reckon Cuthbo will start in place of Hall and I would probably prefer Willo over Afa -- the safer option and I never felt comfortable with the ball in Afa's hands.

Well what makes me think Ox is out is all the media reports saying he is confident of playing.  I agree Clon we got away with playing Robson last Friday we may not be that lucky this week

The Chooks will be desperate. 2 really bad losses on the trot, and the thought of us smashing them 6 games straight or something.
They'll be right up for this game, and that's why I reckon they had a shocker against Canberra - they were worrying about us as strange as that sounds...

ox doesnt play i hope willow does hes goal kicking is probably the best in the club dunno why he doesnt get used

robbiea link said:
That does sound strange !!

Sometimes teams play a little flat the week before a big game. Happens quite often. I just hope we are on our game the week before we play Melbourne, and we aren't too focused on that game.

The media is already berating it up as the game to watch etc etc etc.

Every week ,we all hear that standard meathead response in a interview,"We are taking it one week at a time ".The truth is ,every coach wants his players & team  ,to take that approach.
But i do see where you are coming from

Guys, lets be positive! We are top of the table. Best attack. Best Defence. In great form.

We are a hoodoo team for the chooks. We can win without Orford. Be good to give the backup some match experience cause if we lose Matty during the finals we'll be better off with a halfback who has gotten over his nerves and had some real experience playing with the team.

Seriously some of you nay sayers... were you the same people who said we wouldn't make the top 8 with michael monaghan???

Get positive!

With Ox - manly by 13+
Without Ox - manly 1-12

The chooks are roast!

What I am saying is that Robson is lucky to hold down a PL spot, let alone a first grade gig. He has no direction whatsoever and is probably not our best option. However thats just my opinion. Des obviously see's some value in him.

clontaago link said:
What I am saying is that Robson is lucky to hold down a PL spot, let alone a first grade gig. He has no direction whatsoever and is probably not our best option. However thats just my opinion. Des obviously see's some value in him.

well he's pretty much got no one else to go to either

Good point v the goalkicking

If Orford, Williamson and Lyon all don't play, i guess it goes back to Williams again with Matai as his backup

Have seen Williams kick earlier on in the year in NSW Cup and he actually struck them pretty well that day

Williamson is gooorneski for next season I thought

Dan link said:
Williamson is gooorneski for next season I thought

I am pretty sure he is as well.
He was asking Mick Monaghan on Facebook if
the Wolves needed a great defensive back rower.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6