Manly set to sign Meehan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kite is the nicest person off the field. Has time for everyone. And has a Churchill medal.
Meehan will never get close to either of those things.

What sport would ur friend want u to support? Afl is filled of drug users and women bashers! Afl players are allowed to declare if they have used drugs or not before a test is done and if declared they get immunity. Soccer players film themselves having sex with prostitutes...

Kite is the nicest person off the field. Has time for everyone. And has a Churchill medal.
Meehan will never get close to either of those things.

That's just the point old mate, without a second chance we will never know what he can become.

I'm a bit on @mozgrame side as to my take on this bloke, appears a rare kind of boofhead, but if the powers feel he is worth a shot, i'll back them.

A colleague has been giving me grief for years about supporting a sport played by half-wits and criminals. With every passing day I'm starting to agree with him.
It does seem that RL is played by a greater percentage of idiots than any other sport. While it's fun to mock Doesn'matta, the sport - generally speaking - is definitely on the footpath and quickly heading for the gutter.

It has ever been thus Who, back in the 60's and 70's if one tenth of the stuff the players did, or their shady dealings reached the papers some of our past greats would be badly tarnished. It is the "working mans game".

Even the late great Jack Gibson had some colorful friends.

Anyone seen his latest fight's / pictures? Isn't he a little overweight for a rugby league player?
Ideal:
1455665488974.jpg

Not so ideal:
screen-shot-2015-10-21-at-2-54-23-pm.png

Ideal:
Jared%2BWaerea-Hargreaves.jpg

Not ideal:
448d4ef7eaa4ce9cdc3200e79d259c92

A colleague has been giving me grief for years about supporting a sport played by half-wits and criminals. With every passing day I'm starting to agree with him.
It does seem that RL is played by a greater percentage of idiots than any other sport. While it's fun to mock Doesn'matta, the sport - generally speaking - is definitely on the footpath and quickly heading for the gutter.

Society is made up of all types - the jails are full and if it wasn't for sports and sports like rugby league : they actually help prevent many from crime and its elements. Don't blame the sport for society problems when it's the one thing that helps prevent crime . People young or old make mistakes : so don't prevent them from playing sport and giving them the outlet they need that assists greatly to provide a bright stable future ...

There is no way I'd ever compare Brent Kite to Meehan ...
... Just don't drag one of our modern day greats and gentleman into the gutter
Talk about jumping to conclusions, Evel Knievel would be proud of your mighty leap. Ryan said it would be good to have people like Kite and Joe around the club to mentor young players, which was how Kite came into the conversation. No-one put him in the gutter, and no-one compared Kite to Meehan.

Mind you, having a bunch of drunk young Tongans pick a fight with you out of boredom would be enough to scar some people for life.

And for the record, here's my comment from an earlier thread about Meehan...
I am very sceptical of someone whose values allow them to be a standover man for criminal 'enterprises'.

I would go so far as to contrast that calculated decision with, eg, a one-off foolish drink drive, or even a one-off violent outburst where that occurred under emotional stress.

Neither of the latter examples can be condoned but they are more readily understood and if people are prepared to seek help and learn from their mistakes ...I'm not averse to giving them another chance.

In the case of Meehan the only redeeming feature might be that he is still very young, its not like he's a grown man in his 30s making those choices.

Super caution sounds like a reasonable approach in this case.

I believe in second chances but I also believe in an unblinking assessment of what's in front of us.
Meehan head butts a bloke and steals his watch.
Second chance: he bashes and robs a cabbie. Sacked by Roosters.
Third chance: picked up by Manly and trash talks on social media.
The kid doesn't appear to get it and I'm not convinced that Manly is genuinely doing anything to help, otherwise the Insta post would be long gone.
Two short planks anyone?

Mate all sports have halfwits & criminals playing! It's just we're rugby league supporters & I for one don't bother reading about soccer or union or AFL too often. When I read about soccer & hooliganism etc. then it's enough for me. No one can tell me that there aren't players in any other sport that haven't been in trouble with the law, It's just we don't read or hear about it. I'm sure if we followed forums of other sports there would people discussing the same thing.
If you want halfwits and criminals just go parliament house

I'll take Meehan over Mateo, Leary, Symonds, Green, Myles & Starling, any day of the week. This kid is an absolute ****ing beast....will toy with the opposition.

Talk about jumping to conclusions, Evel Knievel would be proud of your mighty leap. Ryan said it would be good to have people like Kite and Joe around the club to mentor young players, which was how Kite came into the conversation. No-one put him in the gutter, and no-one compared Kite to Meehan.

Mind you, having a bunch of drunk young Tongans pick a fight with you out of boredom would be enough to scar some people for life.

And for the record, here's my comment from an earlier thread about Meehan...

I stand by what I posted. Ryan said that it would be good to have guys like Kite and Joe around to mentor our young guys. I agree with him 100%. You stated that Kite turned his life around, possibly due to footy or religion. FYI - It was religion and family.

So, by your statement, I can only assume that you believe Meehan could become a player and man of the same calibre as Brent Kite, if given the chance. Isn't that what you meant by your statement??

My point is, Meehan has been given chance after chance already. Kite didn't need to be given repeated chances. He took the initiative and changed his ways.

Meehan and Kite are very different animals.

I don't know Meehan but from what I've heard I don't think I want to. I do know Kite and I like him.

I agree with you. Sadly, the reality of the situation is that the club will buy him if they so desire, and I/we only have one hope. For the good of the club, our younger and possibly impressionable players, sponsors etc.....I hope he can change his ways, and proves me wrong, as I have said in earlier posts.

As of right now, I am very unimpressed with his efforts to redeem himself. He strikes me as a very self absorbed and unremorseful bloke that couldn't care less about authority figures or others impressions of him. That won't mix well with team mates and coaches.

It seems we're really doing a U-Turn in club standards lately. A bloke with the style, quality and character of Jamie Lyon walks out one door, and a bloke like Willis walks in the other.

We are better than this.

I agree with you. Sadly, the reality of the situation is that the club will buy him if they so desire, and I/we only have one hope. For the good of the club, our younger and possibly impressionable players, sponsors etc.....I hope he can change his ways, and proves me wrong, as I have said in earlier posts.

As of right now, I am very unimpressed with his efforts to redeem himself. He strikes me as a very self absorbed and unremorseful bloke that couldn't care less about authority figures or others impressions of him. That won't mix well with team mates and coaches.

It seems we're really doing a U-Turn in club standards lately. A bloke with the style, quality and character of Jamie Lyon walks out one door, and a bloke like Willis walks in the other.

We are better than this.
Gday folks my 1st post so s*****g myself, Willis came from the same school and junior club as Dallas Koen who played with us last couple of years. Both were great kids, Dallas still is, don't know what happened to Willis I seriously don't

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7