Manly set to sign Meehan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sure Brent Kite has spoken about being involved with unsavoury activities as a young man. Might have been footy and finding religion that turned him around? In which case he is Exhibit A for how to turn things around, as he certainly became a champion bloke.

Remember Galuvou worked with the club post footy? Hope we have some form of mentorship program. If not, why?

You look through a few of his posts and obviously he is already down training with Manly with Nate Myles and Issac John commenting and Meehan hoping to reunite with AFB.
Exactly, he is already linked with Manly, therefore he would be aware that all his social media posts are seen as a Manly player posting. :cool:
'Sucking dick' comment is hardly in keeping with Club Conduct Guidelines:mad:

Meehan needs to decide if he wants to represent a Team Sport, or just be another loudmouth boxing athlete @:cool:

Last edited:
Can't wait for next year when we can choose from the below!!!
Taupau, Jake T, Knight, AFB, Vave, Lussick, Buhrer, Meehan, Symonds, Brown, Lawrence, Myles............

Not sure if we'll have Lawrence and Symonds to choose from next year mate. There will be plenty of turnover again, but you're right some really good forward prospects.

For the second straight year, there are going to be a mass of players leaving again, and I think you're right:-

01. Tim Moltzen
02. Brayden Wiliame
04. Jamie Lyon
07. Peta Godinet
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Jayden Hodges
10. Luke Burgess
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Nathan Green
13. Tom Symonds

14. Josh Starling
15. Siosaia Vave
17. Blake Leary

will be the major one's leaving in my opinion.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Tom Trbojevic
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Willis Meehan
11. Marty Taupau
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Addin Fanua-Blake

Those players that left above should leave plenty of space for a proper 5/8, and marquee backrower.

Wow whose next for manly Ivan milat hahahhahah

The manly seagrubs we are turning into. Looks like Dessie's no dickhead policy is a clearly a thing of the past.

Craig Field, Soloman Huamono, John Hopoate etc etc etc..always been a club that have employed grubs from time to time mate :)

Hell, didn't T-Rex live with a massive drug dealer or something?

Yeah just like this year except we haven't had the luxury of having the full compliment available to choose from so far this year due to injury, suspension etc. I'm talking fresh start as of 2017........compare all these guys to every other forward roster & I think we have them beat for youth & up coming talent. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion!

So w
Wow whose next for manly Ivan milat hahahhahah

The manly seagrubs we are turning into. Looks like Dessie's no dickhead policy is a clearly a thing of the past.
So we give AFB & Meehan a chance to redeem themselves & get their lives back on track & suddenly we're the Manly sea grubs?? Who else in our current roster is a grub?? Other clubs have given these so called grubs a chance for example St George, Newcastle etc. What AFB did is in the past & the same goes for Meehan. I don't condone what they did & never will but we've all done things we regret & have become better people! There are players in the competition that have done far worse than both these guys......

So w

So we give AFB & Meehan a chance to redeem themselves & get their lives back on track & suddenly we're the Manly sea grubs?? Who else in our current roster is a grub?? Other clubs have given these so called grubs a chance for example St George, Newcastle etc. What AFB did is in the past & the same goes for Meehan. I don't condone what they did & never will but we've all done things we regret & have become better people! There are players in the competition that have done far worse than both these guys......
Parra has a few ex cons and a couple of possible future ones haha

A colleague has been giving me grief for years about supporting a sport played by half-wits and criminals. With every passing day I'm starting to agree with him.
It does seem that RL is played by a greater percentage of idiots than any other sport. While it's fun to mock Doesn'matta, the sport - generally speaking - is definitely on the footpath and quickly heading for the gutter.

So w

Yeah apparently a lot of people don't make mistakes. A lot of people walk the moral high ground when it suits them. I say give them a chance to learn from there mistakes if there smart they will if not they have blown a golden opportunity. #gomanly

A colleague has been giving me grief for years about supporting a sport played by half-wits and criminals. With every passing day I'm starting to agree with him.
It does seem that RL is played by a greater percentage of idiots than any other sport. While it's fun to mock Doesn'matta, the sport - generally speaking - is definitely on the footpath and quickly heading for the gutter.
Mate all sports have halfwits & criminals playing! It's just we're rugby league supporters & I for one don't bother reading about soccer or union or AFL too often. When I read about soccer & hooliganism etc. then it's enough for me. No one can tell me that there aren't players in any other sport that haven't been in trouble with the law, It's just we don't read or hear about it. I'm sure if we followed forums of other sports there would people discussing the same thing.

There is no way I'd ever compare Brent Kite to Meehan. That is just so ridiculous it isn't funny. Brent Kite has said in the past that in his younger days, he and his mates would drink and pick fights with strangers out of boredom. He then reconnected with the church and changed his ways, still as a young man.

Show me where Brent Kite was ever charged with Head butting a man and stealing his watch (April 2015). Show me where Brent Kite was ever charged with assaulting a taxi driver and stealing his coin pouch (July 2015). When was Brent Kite a standover man?

Kite was rough around the edges as a young bloke, but he turned himself around and was in no way a comparison to Meehan. Even with people holding his hand, Meehan still comes across on social media as an oafish imbecile.

What I think won't sway the club in the slightest. They will buy who they want regardless. But in my opinion, this is a bad purchase that most likely won't see its contract out, however long that may be.

Some people have a warped view of what toughness is. Brent Kite has it. Mentally tough. Spiritually tough. Physically tough. Emotionally tough. If you want another Kite type player, good for the young blokes, good for the fans and good for the club.....Willis Meehan is not your man.

Just my opinion. I will not change it. The club will not change theirs and the pro Meehan members of this fine site won't change theirs either. That's all fine.

Just don't drag one of our modern day greats and gentleman into the gutter. He deserves way better from us than to do that.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6