Manly set to sign Meehan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder how much he'll be paid, and what difference he can offer at NRL level that members of our current squad can't?

Who would you drop from our current line up/s to fit Willis in the team, and on what evidence can you base your reasoning?

I'm always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to player acquisitions, but I don't see much sense in this buy, if it is true.

Apparently a stand over man for some sort of gang. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Ummmmm....no thanks in that case. Doesn't Hoppa work for that bloke who just got sacked from a council somewhere.

Last thing our club needs is more drama. We are struggling with simple football at present.

I wonder how much he'll be paid, and what difference he can offer at NRL level that members of our current squad can't?

Who would you drop from our current line up/s to fit Willis in the team, and on what evidence can you base your reasoning?

I'm always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to player acquisitions, but I don't see much sense in this buy, if it is true.
Well if he's in NSW Cup it pushes Burgess into a tracksuit permanently

You can see what manly are starting to build with AFB, Knight, Terbo, Tapou and Meehan. This in time will be a real dominate pack. I'm all for this signing as at the end of the year we will prob let go Lawrence, Starling, Mateo, Leary and Burgess.

Signed on Potential. Big, mean ugly and aggressive. Has Talent. Has the potential to be an outstanding prop, but like AFB is still in the early stages of development.

I think he will be a good 'football" acquisition, not sure about a good bloke buy. With his boxing potential I don't know how committed to league he is.

I hope he has matured, a lot. Judging by his not so distant past attitude, he seems like the sort of bloke that would turn into an embarrassment after a good win and a few drinks.

He ticks all the boxes. Criminal history, already spent time in rehab, converted to Islam, khoder nasser as manager, and has taken up professional boxing. At least we know that we aren't going to be up for any surprises if we do sign him.

Just like AFB, the kid deserves a second chance. If he has turned his life around then good on him, and he will appreciate the opportunity we have given him.

Last edited:
Give the kid some aeroguard, he'll be right. But seriously though, a player we need..just need to ensure our off field measures are in place to keep these players on track like it appears AFB is.

Shame we don't have character guys like Kite, Galuvou & others still around to mentor these guys.

Aren't there any decent young blokes coming through that haven't been in trouble with the law? Or are we deliberately only looking through the bargain bin for discounted goods

The bloke had massive massive wraps coming up through the juniors and unlike some think this kid wluld actually live up to the potential. I would gamble on him as he could be a real acquisition and we are really short on young props aside afb. Knight if lives up to his potential looks like a hard running back rower. I really hope meehan afb knight and jake all mature and develop into real success stories for the club

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6