1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly set to sign Meehan

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, May 22, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Clever Clever x 1
  2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    there is no new info here - the article looked like it was written from this site

3. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I wonder how much he'll be paid, and what difference he can offer at NRL level that members of our current squad can't?

Who would you drop from our current line up/s to fit Willis in the team, and on what evidence can you base your reasoning?

I'm always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to player acquisitions, but I don't see much sense in this buy, if it is true.

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,088 / 285
    What did he do to get sacked?

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,088 / 285
    Ummmmm....no thanks in that case. Doesn't Hoppa work for that bloke who just got sacked from a council somewhere.

Last thing our club needs is more drama. We are struggling with simple football at present.

6. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
  7. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Yep thats about right.

8. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    Well if he's in NSW Cup it pushes Burgess into a tracksuit permanently

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,088 / 285
    What position does he play?

10. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 47
    You can see what manly are starting to build with AFB, Knight, Terbo, Tapou and Meehan. This in time will be a real dominate pack. I'm all for this signing as at the end of the year we will prob let go Lawrence, Starling, Mateo, Leary and Burgess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,738 / 100
    Signed on Potential. Big, mean ugly and aggressive. Has Talent. Has the potential to be an outstanding prop, but like AFB is still in the early stages of development.

I think he will be a good 'football" acquisition, not sure about a good bloke buy. With his boxing potential I don't know how committed to league he is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I hope he has matured, a lot. Judging by his not so distant past attitude, he seems like the sort of bloke that would turn into an embarrassment after a good win and a few drinks.

13. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    Good time to sign him then- not much chance of him imbibing at the moment.

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    He ticks all the boxes. Criminal history, already spent time in rehab, converted to Islam, khoder nasser as manager, and has taken up professional boxing. At least we know that we aren't going to be up for any surprises if we do sign him.

Just like AFB, the kid deserves a second chance. If he has turned his life around then good on him, and he will appreciate the opportunity we have given him.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
  15. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Bashing a cabbie says too much about his character for mine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,088 / 285
    Give the kid some aeroguard, he'll be right. But seriously though, a player we need..just need to ensure our off field measures are in place to keep these players on track like it appears AFB is.

Shame we don't have character guys like Kite, Galuvou & others still around to mentor these guys.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. germaneagle

germaneagle Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 16
  18. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Aren't there any decent young blokes coming through that haven't been in trouble with the law? Or are we deliberately only looking through the bargain bin for discounted goods

19. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    History aside we would posses the most potential in the front row of any side with Jake, AFB, Knight and Meehan

Nothing really to lose on this one imo

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    The bloke had massive massive wraps coming up through the juniors and unlike some think this kid wluld actually live up to the potential. I would gamble on him as he could be a real acquisition and we are really short on young props aside afb. Knight if lives up to his potential looks like a hard running back rower. I really hope meehan afb knight and jake all mature and develop into real success stories for the club

• Agree Agree x 5