Manly set to re-sign star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-set-to-re-sign-star-halves-kieran-foran-and-daly-cherry-evans/story-e6frexnr-1226265213602?sv=27177204978c058d4fb91f99dc1b96d7&reg=1

MANLY last night declared they can re-sign star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans before the kickoff to the 2012 NRL season.

As the premiers prepare to fly out for the UK on Friday for the World Club Challenge against Leeds on February 17, Sea Eagles boss Dave Perry revealed his plan to lock them in long-term extensions as soon as they return home from England.

"We are in formal discussions at the moment with both players ... hopefully we can come to a resolution in the short term so we can go into the NRL season with those guys knowing their futures are secure at the Sea Eagles," Perry said.

Play The Telegraph Sportsbet.com.au Supercoach 2012

"I think it is very important that they go into the season with clear heads."

At 21 and 22 respectively, Foran and Cherry-Evans last season became the youngest grand final-winning halves combination since the great Parramatta partnership of Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny in 1981.

Foran is signed until the end of 2014 but has a get-out clause that allows him to leave at the end of this season in the wake of Des Hasler's departure; while Cherry-Evans is signed until the end of 2013, he needs an immediate upgrade following a rookie season when he finished as a member of Tim Sheens' Four Nations-winning Kangaroos.

Perry said the club was hoping to secure his services until the end of 2015.

Play Kennards Hire NRL Tipping 2012 

"We are trying to get together a four-year term and hopefully get that done before kick-off," Perry said. "I am confident, yes. We are all on the same page as far as expectations go."

Asked if he was aware of any offer already made by the Bulldogs to Foran, Perry said: "No, not that I know about, but I will say I would be surprised if his management hasn't had some discussions or some interest from other clubs."

New coach Geoff Toovey said he would love both players to follow his lead and become Sea Eagles for life - but he wasn't about to hand out an ultimatum.

"I would love to see them in a Manly jumper forever - I would love to see the whole squad in a Manly jumper forever."

Thanks for starting my day off on such a happy note BE:)

Now our fate is in the very capable hands of the WCC MWTS, to show the 2 boys that Manly is the happiest place on earth :D
Don't forget to pack a pen!!!

Sea Eagles keen to keep Kieran Foran from joining the Bulldogs
Brent Read
February 08, 2012 12:00AM
MANLY officials will sit down for talks with Kieran Foran's management this morning, less than 48 hours before he and his teammates leave for England, as they try to keep the star five-eighth out of the clutches of Canterbury.
Thanks to a clause in his contract, Foran _ a key figure in the club's premiership win last season _ became a free agent when Hasler walked out on the Sea Eagles at the end of last season. Unsurprisingly, Hasler's new club Canterbury has been linked with a move for the New Zealand international.
While Foran vows to play this year with Manly, he is on the market for next year. The Sea Eagles want to ensure he stays on Sydney's northern beaches, and officials have begun talks over eliminating the get-out clause and extending his existing deal. "We're in regular dialogue with his management group and positive that Kieran wants to stay," Manly chief executive David Perry said.
Foran is not the only Sea Eagle in the Bulldogs' sights. The Australian understands the Bulldogs have targeted prop Darcy Lussick and Australian back rower Tony Williams. Williams signed a contract extension at the end of last season but has an option at the end of next year in his favour.
But Foran is the Sea Eagles' priority. The classy No 6 is a key figure as Manly heads to England to play Leeds in the World Club Challenge next weekend _ the first real test for Manly coach Geoff Toovey, who was handed the top job when Hasler left.
"One of the strengths of this team is we have got a really good senior players group and we are brutally honest with each other," Manly captain Jason King said.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/sea-eagles-keen-to-keep-kieran-foran-from-joining-the-bulldogs/story-e6frg7mf-1226265161894

HappilyManly said:
Thanks for starting my day off on such a happy note BE:)

Now our fate is in the very capable hands of the WCC MWTS, to show the 2 boys that Manly is the happiest place on earth :D
Don't forget to pack a pen!!!

And once they are both signed long term it will be so much easier to attract or retain players that we need or want during this period. The whole club will continue to benefit and expand from this scrum base strength.

RLW is out today and there's is story titled 'EAGLES ROCKED, Foran sticks solid but it's bye bye Brett.

They say Foran will stay with Manly but Brett Stewart will leave.

I'm with Narly. Keep quiet until it's official. Signed. And before that point say nothing. What possibly can be gained by releasing this info now? Zero.

Just what are the full terms of Foran's so called 'Hasler get out' clause? Does anyone know or are we are all guessing? Manly didn't sack Hasler, he left of his own accord. Does the clause still apply for that?

Foran hasn't activated his so called 'get out' clause so how could his manager be fielding offers from other clubs?

How are these other clubs negotiationg with players under contract? Isn't there some date they have to wait for? What date is that? Does the NRL enforce that?

bones said:
RLW is out today and there's is story titled 'EAGLES ROCKED, Foran sticks solid but it's bye bye Brett.

Hmmm that's odd

i think the reports of a hasler get out clause are bull****. It may hve been the case prior to this season but i dont think so any more. As i recall he signed a 4 year contract with an option in his favour for saeson 3 and another option in his favoyur for season 4. Those options were already in place regardles of wether hasler stayed or went

Brissie Kid said:
Just what are the full terms of Foran's so called 'Hasler get out' clause? Does anyone know or are we are all guessing? Manly didn't sack Hasler, he left of his own accord. Does the clause still apply for that?

Foran hasn't activated his so called 'get out' clause so how could his manager be fielding offers from other clubs?

How are these other clubs negotiationg with players under contract? Isn't there some date they have to wait for? What date is that? Does the NRL enforce that?
Don't know. Don't really care either.

I think there's a pretty good chance he'll be happy to stay. If he doesn't stay he'll leave, but there's not much you or I can do about it.

Give the kid some credit, and the club for that matter. Our recruitment and retention in recent years has been outstanding.

bones said:

If its true I hope he's off to England for big dollars

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Don't know. Don't really care either.

I think there's a pretty good chance he'll be happy to stay. If he doesn't stay he'll leave, but there's not much you or I can do about it.

Give the kid some credit, and the club for that matter. Our recruitment and retention in recent years has been outstanding.

I agree. The Hasler get out clause thing doesn't seem to have been enacted by Foran so at the moment his contract doesn't end until end of 2014.

What I was really asking about was what are the NRL rules about approaching contracted players. How far out from the end of a contract can other clubs be talking to players managers.

I thought it was June 30 the year the contract ends. So how are Foran, Williams, Snake and co being made the offers the Telegraph and RLW are talking about? Or aren't they offers at all just talk.

Brissie Kid said:

Manly did sack Hasler... For breach of contract. He was contracted for 2012.

From memory Foran had to act prior to a certain date (unsure of what date it was but it was before Des left) to enforce the "get out" clause for this season, he didnt do that. However he can do that this year for next season.

Its basically a rolling 12 month contract.

bones said:
Manly did sack Hasler... For breach of contract. He was contracted for 2012.

Sorry. You're right.

Would be good if the media actually did something useful for a change by chasing up what a coach get out clause says in a typical NRL player contract.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6