Manly Sea Eagles v Roosters Sat 21st Feb

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What were the conditions like?
Disappointed because we like Manly to win everything. It's a trial. Highlights what to work on. Sounds like lots but we'll be right.
Who was Manly's best?

Stress less peoples, only a trial.
We had a good first half, defended well and our forwards matched up. Any time we were on attack we didn't use any set plays so scoring one try doesn't bother me.
Second half we dropped a lot of ball and defended carelessly, gave away plenty of penalties too.
Burgess I liked, vave is huge but doesn't run hard enough, symmonds was looking good until knocking his elbow and cherry looks very trim and fast.
Not a lot to report on, I'll worry when they do that to us in a real game.

Thank god

After the sharks game I was worried but it is good to see we are back to our normal pre season form

Foran played like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders . Gutherson and Santini have a long way to go before they play regularly in firsts and the whole team seemed slow to react all night . East played like the game was worth 2 points we played like it was a trial and basically gave up in the end. Mason tried hard along with DCE and Hiku , Blair got a cold on the wing all night and no one else stood out a great deal.

That was terrible Santani is so far off the pace it's amazing he even gets on the field. Wolfmans done to make me rethink he shouldn't have just called it quits on his career. Not sure who was playing in 18 but he made choc's hands look good and Preston Campbell look like a defensive genius. God demands redemption! (Roosters halves in fairness looked so far ahead of our pair, who tried hard at times but arn't setting the world on fire at the moment)

I treat this like the 9s. Take whatever positive you can and move on.

I thought Horo looked good in the NSW cup team. It was like someone said to him 'your playing for your future', and he was just hungry hungry and hungry for work. I like the look of Jake T, he seems to have slimmed down a bit, but still big and good movement for a big guy.

In 1st grade we looked fine up until half time, and then the wheels fell off. Seriously it wouldn't be Manly or a good season if we didn't get pumped in preseason by someone. Some good game time for Mateo and Mason who will only get better for us. And on Mason, he is FRIGGIN HUGE. I didn't realize until today just how big he is. And Luke Burgess is no shrinking violet either. We've added some serious size to our front row.

The bookies will let us know if trial form is anything to go by and I reckon we'll still be the same odds as we were yesterday.

I know a few are a bit concerned but despite that fact we fielded a pretty strong squad we were no where near 100%.
We have many gears to go up. You could easily tell one team was taking it more seriously than the other.
No one on the Manly team was concerned.
Roosters will be good this year though, even losing sbw and mini they'll still push for the top 4.

If it was a 1st grade game scenario, 12-6 at the break, and in the 2nd half we were without:

Snake, Ballin, Matai, Lyon, DCE, Symonds, Buhrer & Lawrence

....all of us would expect that score.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4