Manly Sea Eagles not divided, says Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done DCE..........great interview.....!!!!
He is not only a talented athlete, but handles himself very well when it comes to the media. He has a very bright future and I hope that at least a few of those years are at Manly. :)

Although I was a little concerned with this part........
" I take a lot out of what Peter Sterling says. He’s a very wise man,......"
:-/

bones said:
robbiea said:
Great interview .Gives the impression he will chase the money anywhere , which I don't blame him.
If he wins us a premiership this year , How much will his stocks rise ??

DCE- dollar chasing eagle?
DCE - Daley C. Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Right there it's easy to see why he says he has to carefully select every word when talking to the media. (Not having a go at you Robbiea)

He didn't say he'd chase the money, rather he'd do what's best for his young family. That might include not uprooting them and having a dad who's happy in his workplace.

I am so impressed with this young bloke. He is dead right about the comparison with a school environment. I hope he is the future of Manly for many years to come.

Well done Daly!

Well said BE!

Only yes he'd do what's best for his family, but I'm disappointed he could've also said something like 'I'd like to stay at Manly but.....'. However, I understand he wisely has to chose his words carefully as he is so scrutinised.

Agree, an interesting, candid and very good interview and a credit to his family.

All I can say is I hope we keep Foz. DCE is a good player but Foran has bought into the Manly culture (despite recently appearing unsettled) and I think he should captain the club one day.

Masked Eagle said:
Nit sure how much we can read anything into it. Especially when DCE himself says:

"The only part of my job that's a chore – talking to media," he says. "Because it can be so scrutinised, and something so little can be taken and made into such a big deal"

It seems to me that is exactly what people are doing here.

Well said!

Masked Eagle said:
Nit sure how much we can read anything into it. Especially when DCE himself says:

"The only part of my job that's a chore – talking to media," he says. "Because it can be so scrutinised, and something so little can be taken and made into such a big deal"

It seems to me that is exactly what people are doing here.
A-ha!!! I knew it.
He is angling a for a really big deal. The money hungry mercenary ;)

Utility Player said:
DCE and Foz can be our big 2

As long as we retain them we can build a highly competitive team of lesser lights around them for years to come.

He may not get along with everyone in the side by his own admission, but I am hoping like all hope that he and Foz are tight. I think Foz is more likely to stay long term and he could convince DCE that their partnership is one for the future. If DCE is so star struck by sterlo than he would do well to chat to him about what it is like to stay at one club and have a very solid halves partner for your career, as sterlo had with Bert. Cherry-Evans and Foran could be the next Sterling and Kenny.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4