Manly Sea Eagles need to tell coach Geoff Toovey where he stands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We had the Burgess blow up (which some one leaked) then this "miscommunication" on top of the endless leaks 2 the media about Toovey not being safe and under pressure someone from the club is leaking it.
So you have taken one of those Quantum Leap Assumptions and decided it is Kelly that has been leaking those rumors.

So that's it. A failure in communication on this issue and everyone leaps to the conclusion that Kelly is actively undermining and disrespecting Toovey.

Let's give this a name.........Quantum Leap Assumptions.......yes the Quantum was an intentional play on words.

Disrespectful, definitely. Undermining....hard to know. This isn't just a tiny snippet that you forgot to tell someone. This is one of the biggest pieces of news in recent months (if not years) with the club. And the CEO didn't think to tell the coach? Seems like more than Cool Hand Lukes 'failure to communicate'

Agree but they most likely see it as period of blood letting before things settle down

Get rid of perry, back office "leaks" and maybe tooves....cop it for a period of time and move on
You forgot to mention getting rid of DCE and Foran as well.

Not good business sense in my book.

So you have taken one of those Quantum Leap Assumptions and decided it is Kelly that has been leaking those rumors.

You call it a quantum leap I don't. Toovey is on the outer with people that make the decisions at the club.

You forgot to mention getting rid of DCE and Foran as well.

Not good business sense in my book.

From everything I hear Foran quit the club last year. This will be denied but the eels have been telling everyone since the end of last year that they had him and if expected he announces next week that he is going 2 them (conveniently after tonight's match against the eels) than that smells.

Maybe the Tooves isn't safe leaks are coming from the Dalai Arthur to Manly "leaks" which are the same "DCE to everyone leaks" Orr does that sound too far fetched???

Disrespectful, definitely. Undermining....hard to know. This isn't just a tiny snippet that you forgot to tell someone. This is one of the biggest pieces of news in recent months (if not years) with the club. And the CEO didn't think to tell the coach? Seems like more than Cool Hand Lukes 'failure to communicate'
The deadline had passed by 24 hours and Tooves was allowed to go on air without this knowledge? That's not disrespectful. That's getting bent over a barrel and done over without vaseline.

Whether all that we are hearing is true or not the Manly brand is getting smashed by the actions of people who supposedly love our club. I have never seen our club in more disarray.

It makes me sick.

I have always been led to believe head coaches were involved in player retention and recruitment. After all they are the one's given the responsibility for building a premiership winning team. They work closely with talent scouts to find the players that would fit the coaches criteria whilst management would find the funds to attract them. Keeping Toovey in the dark is shameful and disrespectful and can only lead to the fact he may not be here nest year. I hope management look at this site and ask themselves the question since taking over Hasler's mess what has he done wrong? Final appearances in all four years, controversial grand final appearance in 2013, dealing with heavily backended contracts and having to deal with management inhouse fighting and insulating the players from this so as to focus on football. What did Hasler do? walked away.

I have no issues with Des, he is and always will be a great coach and did a lot for Manly.

I have always been led to believe head coaches were involved in player retention and recruitment. After all they are the one's given the responsibility for building a premiership winning team. They work closely with talent scouts to find the players that would fit the coaches criteria whilst management would find the funds to attract them. Keeping Toovey in the dark is shameful and disrespectful and can only lead to the fact he may not be here nest year. I hope management look at this site and ask themselves the question since taking over Hasler's mess what has he done wrong? Final appearances in all four years, controversial grand final appearance in 2013, dealing with heavily backended contracts and having to deal with management inhouse fighting and insulating the players from this so as to focus on football. What did Hasler do? walked away.

I have no issues with Des, he is and always will be a great coach and did a lot for Manly.
Never thought I'd say this but I'm having less issues with Des now that I'm seeing all this rubbish under Penn ownership

You've had your eyes closed and your ears shut if you have no issue with des. He left the place in a shamble. He's also the prime advertisement for why you don't let a coach make recruitment decisions. They get held accountable for results logically they'll assemble a team that can succeed while they're there. I think des in part left because he could see us not being as successful with all the back ended crap. There is a reason why almost every other major sporting comp in the world separates the management from the coaching

A couple of things;

Just because Tooves didn't know about the deadline, doesn't mean he is not having a say in recruitment, it just means that he is not privy to the ins and outs of the negotiating process. Not having a say in who the club signs and/or keeps is very different from not knowing about a deadline. This is a loaded sensationalised statement being used by the media and some factions of the forum.

Further, he probably knew about a deadline for Monday but didn't think it was public knowledge until he was ambushed on NRL360. It was only public knowledge because Orr released it.

I think this is a storm in a tea cup.

You've had your eyes closed and your ears shut if you have no issue with des. He left the place in a shamble. He's also the prime advertisement for why you don't let a coach make recruitment decisions. They get held accountable for results logically they'll assemble a team that can succeed while they're there. I think des in part left because he could see us not being as successful with all the back ended crap. There is a reason why almost every other major sporting comp in the world separates the management from the coaching

I believe that De$$ie is a man of great foresight and is (as we are well aware) a man of meticulous planning and execution. I've posted before that (and please note that this is more gut feeling than fact!!) it's my belief that De$ planned to leave at the end of his 2012 contract no matter what. A lot of his back ended deals that allowed us to retain such a strong squad came to fruition between 2012 and 2014. He knew damn well that keeping players like Gifty, Choc, Matai and Lyon would be difficult at best, and knew that retaining up and coming stars (see Foz/DCE/Burher etc) would be damn near impossible.

It's my belief that he didn't *really* set us up for a fall, specifically, but knew he'd benefit from our cap struggles over at Belmore. So it makes Tooves' coaching stint difficult? So farken what? Perhaps in a few years he could return as the messiah...

*** this is 100% speculation on my behalf. Please don't print this in the DT!! ***

I believe that De$$ie is a man of great foresight and is (as we are well aware) a man of meticulous planning and execution. I've posted before that (and please note that this is more gut feeling than fact!!) it's my belief that De$ planned to leave at the end of his 2012 contract no matter what. A lot of his back ended deals that allowed us to retain such a strong squad came to fruition between 2012 and 2014. He knew damn well that keeping players like Gifty, Choc, Matai and Lyon would be difficult at best, and knew that retaining up and coming stars (see Foz/DCE/Burher etc) would be damn near impossible.

It's my belief that he didn't *really* set us up for a fall, specifically, but knew he'd benefit from our cap struggles over at Belmore. So it makes Tooves' coaching stint difficult? So farken what? Perhaps in a few years he could return as the messiah...

*** this is 100% speculation on my behalf. Please don't print this in the DT!! ***
Lol I tend to agree with you I just wasn't going to be the first to put that speculation in writing haha

Lol I tend to agree with you I just wasn't going to be the first to put that speculation in writing haha

I've actually posted my theorem on here before at some stage.. Been waiting for it turn up in a Rothfool or Weidler "exclusive" lol!!

I'm a level 75 cynic, a level 56 tin foil hatter and deeply paranoid tho ;)

Yeah right! Coaches don't have a say in who should be recruited and how the team should be structure. They are just accountable for the performance of the team management gives them. If you go back to the past, apart from the issues with management infighting, the issues Des had was he wanted funds to be spent on juniors and for the purpose of establishing a sporting facility to rival the likes the Bulldogs and Penrith have

Yeah right! Coaches don't have a say in who should be recruited and how the team should be structure. They are just accountable for the performance of the team management gives them. If you go back to the past, apart from the issues with management infighting, the issues Des had was he wanted funds to be spent on juniors and for the purpose of establishing a sporting facility to rival the likes the Bulldogs and Penrith have
I didn't say they don't have a say. But they don't have a say in finances or contracts. Well they shouldn't

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8