Manly Sea Eagles confident of securing Kieran Foran till 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
THE first time David Williams played against his older brother John, the story goes, the ''Wolfman'' ran from the opposite side of the field to mow him down just short of the try line.

John, representing Newtown against David's Parramatta premier league side, got a quick play-the-ball and the Jets scored from the ensuing play. ''Ha, we just scored,'' John said afterwards. ''Yeah, but I stopped you!'' was David's witty rejoinder.
The brothers have clashed on one other occasion, a Manly-Cowboys NRL encounter at Gosford. The score stands at David 2, John 0.
 But, for the first time ever, the wingers will mark up directly on each other when Cronulla hosts Manly at Toyota Stadium on Monday night.
''It's going to be strange, I guess,'' John said. ''It's going to be different because he's always been on the far side of the field and I've never been able to get to him and have a little stab at him. I really don't know what to expect.
''In the younger years, I used to get the upper hand [in the backyard] because I was a bit older. Then he used to work out his little ways of cheating, he'd rort me really bad and I used to get angry. Pretty upset about that. He used to play that card a bit.''
Naturally, the allegiances of the parents are torn. There is likely to be a strange dynamic when the pair, who are separated by 19 months, catch up for a family barbecue on the eve of the big clash. So which jersey will their father, Mike, wear on Monday night? Sharks or Sea Eagles?
To ensure there is no bias, dad will wear a half-half jersey with the names of both boys printed on it.

''It's going to be quite good,'' Mike said. ''They'll have a solid game. It will be very interesting. They won't go hammer and tongs, like if they were trying to nail 'the Beast' [Manu Vatuvei], but they'll make sure they wrap him up. They won't let him get away from the clutches.''
Those with access to Sports Ears are likely to enjoy the banter between the siblings. Asked if there will be any sledging, David quipped: ''He prefers to talk more **** than commonsense. There were a few bleeding noses and a bit of running off and crying to mum [when playing in the backyard]. Nothing to write home about. We had a bit of a rivalry playing tackle football in the pool because we had nowhere else to play, there were too many rocks in the backyard.
''Definitely we're competitive, so it should be interesting playing against him.''
The brothers, both wearing No.5, are looking forward to the contest. The same cannot be said of their mother. Mike said: ''Mother hens always are [concerned]. It doesn't take much for Dave to gee her up. He'll say, 'I'll take his block off' and she bites very easily … Dave will be giving [lip] to [John] for sure.''
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sibling-rivalry-peaks-before-williams-brothers-clash-20120317-1vc10.html#ixzz1pQmlLhvP

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4