manly salary cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
manly will want to win the premiership this year or next because other teams will be chasing the young ones and the salary cap wont let them keep everyone....dce will command 250000 to 300000 very soon, so they would want to win in the next 2 years before they lose there combinations.......thoughts?????

We have a few players wrapped up for the next year or two but you are right, DCE and Foran will be commanding some huge cash in the upcoming years.

mr seagles said:
manly will want to win the premiership this year or next because other teams will be chasing the young ones and the salary cap wont let them keep everyone....dce will command 250000 to 300000 very soon, so they would want to win in the next 2 years before they lose there combinations.......thoughts?????
This is why ppl should be talking more about retaining than buying. Maybe the smart play is offer long term 3-4 year contract to DCE now because come seasons end he will command way more $$$. Have heard Foz & Buhrer have new contracts & Hoppa gone for 2 yrs. Sound like a broken record but only players i would look outside our current roster are a couple of the NZ Toyota Cup fowards (in particular Loussi) spending majority of the cap on our own backyard.

We'll lose enough top players due to retirement or off to England to keep who we need over the next couple of years. Matai,Kite, King, Robbo, Rodney, Big Joe, Cross, Seu Seu will all go in the next couple of years while guys like Cunningham,Mauro,Lussick,Buhrer,Robinson,Harrison,Oldfield,Whare,Hoppa will replace them.

Keep in mind next we start getting 10 year discounts for choc and king
2013 for Brett
2014 for glenn that will relieve some cap pressure

...and I'm going to put a real big wild card prediction out there; so wild that I didn't want to make it a thread on its own because I would make myself an easy target to get shot down (easier being shot down in the middle of another thread ;^) And this will effect Manly's salary cap.
WH will play for Manly next year and forsake his Mormon mission.

captainskin said:
...and I'm going to put a real big wild card prediction out there; so wild that I didn't want to make it a thread on its own because I would make myself an easy target to get shot down (easier being shot down in the middle of another thread ;^) And this will effect Manly's salary cap.
I've been thinking this also. Could his manager have suggested this, to delay negotiation and increase his asking price at the end if season?

I won't be worried if the next TV rights does fetch a billion dollars as most pundits expect. If so, in 2013 the cap is supposed to go from 4.2mil now to 7mil. If this is the case we'll have plenty of room under the cap.

swoop said:
I won't be worried if the next TV rights does fetch a billion dollars as most pundits expect. If so, in 2013 the cap is supposed to go from 4.2mil now to 7mil. If this is the case we'll have plenty of room under the cap.

So will the others!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
swoop said:

So will the others!!

But we'll have the cash to compete and I'm sure he'd like to stay at the club. He doesn't seem to be greedy and proof is that he's turned his back on big dollars to do his 2 year mission.

A new club sponsor would mean that we could definately spend the whole cap, its the third party agreements that would ensure we keep all the young guys.

captainskin said:

I would keep this one very quiet for now, but it might, just might still be in play.

manlyfan76 said:
A new club sponsor would mean that we could definately spend the whole cap, its the third party agreements that would ensure we keep all the young guys.

We already spend the entire Cap.

Are you guys kidding???? Hoppa is going away for 2yrs .. he isnt going to go back on his morals because of money, if that was the case he would have taken all the offers he had.. He is gone for 2yrs Manly will still pay him 100,000 dollars ayear while he is away..( the last part is what i heard it`s kind of a guarantee so we get the 1st shot at him when he comes back)..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4