Manly rule changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I just wondered how many times the games rules have been changed immediately after Manly benefits from it. I can think of 3 times.

1. BOD It was in for years and as soon as Keiran Foran gets the Benefit of it against cowboys in last years semi they scrapped it.

2. Obstruction. Bulldogs won a minor premiership using it then they made it black and white, Jamie Lyon gets obstructed and Tigers get no Try. Rule change next week.

3. Send Off's/Sin Bin's. Richie Faaoso is alowed to play on after 2 accidental soft spear tackles, and a week later suprise suprise Rule Change!!!!

Is it because there are so many Manly haters when we get an advantage that there is public outcry and the squeeky wheels get thier oil.

Or do i have my tin foil hat on.

Possibly tin foil hat but I'm wearing one too.
They definitely change rules if Manly deceisions aren't to their liking.

We'd have to ask our filthy vermin "mates" if they see it happen with their clubs too. I think it may just be us, to a large extent.

I can think of another one but it was for the best. The attacking the legs of the kicker, Kosef had that mastered ironically he retired early due to 4 Knee Recons. Hard to believe Beaver and him come on the scene together and beaver is still going. Wouldnt it be great to start a campaign to bring Beaver back for 2 games just to beat that Gimp Terry Lambs record..

conanu said:
Is it because there are so many Manly haters when we get an advantage that there is public outcry and the squeeky wheels get thier oil.

All of the above.;)

Don't forget the other rule changes that showed Manly have been screwed..

Fa'aoso shoulder charges Harrison and they have an accidental head clash where Harrison is concussed. They charge Fa'aoso and give him a 4 week suspension that is reduced to 1 on appeal....
Then Danny Buderus does a shoulder charge on Blake Ferguson the next week and has a head clash which breaks Ferguson's cheekbone. No penalty, not put on report and no charge laid.

That was disgusting how they swept that exact same incident under the carpet and then after Buderus not copping even a penalty, they changed that rule again.

Then, Matai hits George Burgess with a screamer of a tackle which would be a contender for tackle of the year and sister Sam comes in and starts throwing punches. That has always been at least a penalty, sin bin and even a report and charge. NOTHING!!!!

Another rule for us and others. We lost an origin series because chicken legs cecchin sin binned Jennings for what Sam did. His action has always been dealt with. Souths seem to be a protected species at the moment!

One rule for us and one rule for everyone else. I can cop the hatred but not the unfair treatment.

conanu said:
I just wondered how many times the games rules have been changed immediately after Manly benefits from it. I can think of 3 times.

1. BOD It was in for years and as soon as Keiran Foran gets the Benefit of it against cowboys in last years semi they scrapped it.

2. Obstruction. Bulldogs won a minor premiership using it then they made it black and white, Jamie Lyon gets obstructed and Tigers get no Try. Rule change next week.

3. Send Off's/Sin Bin's. Richie Faaoso is alowed to play on after 2 accidental soft spear tackles, and a week later suprise suprise Rule Change!!!!

4 interchange limit
5 salary cap

manlyfan76 said:
conanu said:

4 interchange limit
5 salary cap

Yeah I reckon the interchange limit was due to bozo's tactics in the 90s. He'd bring players on and off depending on the tempo. How many on the bench in the 96 gf? I know all coaches did it, but bozo pushed it hard to get cliffy quality time, and tierney to run amok in short bursts.

Bozo's tactics also got the head bin scrapped in the 80s. If a guy had a head knock he could be temporarily replaced. Bozo used this to inject Paul Shaw into games. His cameo in the 87 gf springs to mind. Ron Gibbs went off into the head bin, giving shaw a run, then Rambo miraculously recovers and gets to come back on after a rest.

WHEN we win the comp this year dispite all the media writing us off and the NRL disabling us with rule changes and BS suspensions, penalties etc etc, THEY will change the GF rules to become a best out 3 games series eg origin, basketball, baseball like. WOULD NOT PUT PAST THEM

EagleHaus said:
WHEN we win the comp this year dispite all the media writing us off and the NRL disabling us with rule changes and BS suspensions, penalties etc etc, THEY will change the GF rules to become a best out 3 games series eg origin, basketball, baseball like. WOULD NOT PUT PAST THEM

Or worse...strip us of the title for some unknown reason

Thats to direct for them, they like medeling behind the scenes trying not to be the bad guy.

Jono said:
EagleHaus said:

Or worse...strip us of the title for some unknown reason

That's too direct for them jono, they like medeling behind the scenes not to look like the bad guys then cllaiming its in the interests of the game. really what they mean is ' its in the interest of screwing Manly'

Blood bin rules ammended in 1987 after Manly allegedly abusing the blood bin rule.

The banning of tackles in mid air was because of us too.
And that new rule how Matai gets suspended if he tackles someone...

conanu said:
I can think of another one but it was for the best. The attacking the legs of the kicker, Kosef had that mastered ironically he retired early due to 4 Knee Recons. Hard to believe Beaver and him come on the scene together and beaver is still going. Wouldnt it be great to start a campaign to bring Beaver back for 2 games just to beat that Gimp Terry Lambs record..
Or even 7 so he could beat that gimp Darren Lockyer's as well. :D

Kiwi Eagle said:
Tin foil hat with a pic of Sterlo on the front of it ;)
Clint said:
C'mon Jethro. Bring out the hat.

@[Kiwi Eagle]
@[Clint]

This should satisfy the both of you :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4