Manly players nicknames and why they got them

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly players over the years have received nicknames that reflect their personality or something that they have done to earn it , there would many and it should be an interesting thread.

Russell "frogs eyes" Gartner a centre. He got his nick name as when he made a break and go into top gear his eyes would open really wide and look as though they were going to pop out, hence the nickname "Frogs Eyes"

Anyone tell me how how Graham Eadie got Wombat?

RE: Manly players nicknames and whay they got them

Matt Ballin is nicknamed Straight, because of the phrase 'straight ballin'.

Straight ballin refers to someone who's financially secure. The phrase was made famous by 2pacs song "st8 ballin".

By the way Earnie there was a very long thread on this at some stage during this year, or maybe last, might be worth doing a search for it.

hairylittlehobbit said:
Anyone know how watmough got choc?

I'm surprised you don't know as this one's been well documented in the past. Anyway, apparently when he was little he was eating chocolate one day and got it all over his face. After that, his mum called him 'Choc' and it stuck ever since.

Now I'd love to know: 1) Why Matai is 'Skivvy' (to me he's 'Stevie') and 2) Ferris (I gather this is Buhrer but why)?

Steve Matai's kiwi accent makes Stevie sound like Skivvy.

Ferris buhler's day off was a ****ty 80's movie that I never saw.

Here's the thread about the 2011 players nicknames:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Manly-Player-s-Nicknames

On behalf of all the Ladies on the forum. I want to know which Player has inherited the Wangman monicker:p

Wombat Head was the full nickname due to his large head. I recall his saying that the Boys on his first Kangaroo Tour, changed the meaning due to his 'burrowing' with the Shielas :p

That older thread is great. Now we know all of the nicknames but how & why did they get them. Some are obvious but some are not.

can some put the old thread up here please.. i cant find it ..
what was Mathew Ridge`s nikname was is ridgey???
what about Roberts`s??
dunfords??
kevin wards??
craig hancoks
& more ..

i knw cliffy was napper
probably have heard their niknames just cant remember them i`m sure soon as i see their niks i will go yeah :idea: i remember that now lol..:p

MadMarcus said:
Beaver got his nickname because he always got all the chicks.

Its actually got to do with the head gear he wore made him look like a beaver..

Beaver was coz he looked like the kid from leave it to beaver i think. And cliffy was napper & rocky i think??

Mathew Ridge's nickname was Turbanhead.
He was given this name on account of his heritage which happens to be Armenian,thus his swarthy looks.
I, like most others thought he was a full maori, but not so.

Peter C said:
Mathew Ridge's nickname was Turbanhead.
He was given this name on account of his heritage which happens to be Armenian,thus his swarthy looks.
I, like most others thought he was a full maori, but not so.

I didn`t know that Pete ;) thanks for that ...I thought he might have been half Maori half South African or something like that .
He doesnt look full Maori.

Volley said:
Steve Matai's kiwi accent makes Stevie sound like Skivvy.

Ferris buhler's day off was a ****ty 80's movie that I never saw.

Beulers day off was a classic and not at all ****ty!

Wasn't ridge also known as Radar and Ridgy?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8