Manly Players Going West

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Small snippet from today's Manly Daily:

Five members of the Sea Eagles squad will visit towns across central NSW over 3 days next week as part of the NRL's Community Carnivals expedition.

Matt Orford, Steve Menzies, Jason Wells, Shane Dunley and Chris Trembath will be visiting Coonabarabran, Dunedoo, Gilgandra, Gulargambone, Coonamble and Dubbo.

Hopefully some of it will be outside of school hours for the kids.

You can just see Wells / Trembath turning up, and the kids looking at them with recognition - NOT.

Is it just me, or is anyone else looking forward to seeing what happens when Dunley gets to Dubbo?

I'm hoping a local Rhodesian might express some opinions to him.

Its not just for the kids Rhino. Its good to get the younger/inexperienced players out of their comfort zones.

Who knows, if Wells becomes a suerstar those kids will have stories to tell.

It would also be a good experince to be away with a few senior players who have done a lot of PR work before

Some of you clearly dont understand the importance of this Western trip and in response to Ryan both Wells and Trembath are country kids
and that is probably the reason they were selected to return to the area.

Too true Geoff. Those of us who hail from the sticks know how the game has withered on the vine, as well as being subject to pressure from other sports.

Every bit of profile and good news is needed to lift interest in the game and generate new players and support.

Pffffft. Life as it is known on this earth began on the beautiful golden Northern Beaches of Sydney. The rest of you are all just country hicks...

Here we go.....the dungs building in the mules tent !!! :yeah:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4