Manly, penalties, referees, Tooves & Bellyache

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/melbourne-storm-coach-craig-bellamy-says-he-hopes-refs-are-not-influenced-by-manly-coach-geoff-tooveys-recent-comments/story-fni3gpfh-1226706052651

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says he hopes refs are not influenced by Manly coach Geoff Toovey's recent comments
NICK SMART HERALD SUN AUGUST 29, 2013 12:00AM

MELBOURNE Storm coach Craig Bellamy has called on the referees to not be swayed by Manly mentor Geoff Toovey’s recent outburst when the two arch-rivals collide on Saturday night.

Toovey copped a $10,000 fine after being critical of the standard of NRL refereeing following his side’s loss to South Sydney.

Bellamy backed the referees to not factor in the comments as Manly and Melbourne prepare for another battle at Brookvale Oval.

"You’d like to think that is not going to influence the referees hopefully," Bellamy said.

"Their job is to referee what they see and what happens on the night.

"That’s their job and I’m sure they will do that."

The Sea Eagles coach called for an inquiry after 10-5 penalty count went against his side in the loss to the Rabbitohs.

The outburst did not help Manly last weekend in the win over Canberra with the penalty count 9-4 against them.

Bellamy said he believed coaches at times did speak out to try and initiate a square up in the coming weeks.

"I’m sure at some stage that sort of thing happens," Bellamy said.

"But the referees are professionals and they have a job to do.

"I’m sure they referee what they see and what happens on the field, not what gets written in the paper."

Storm’s clash against Manly will not mean much in terms of ladder position as a top four finish is secured and top two looks out of the equation.

It does, however, mean a lot in terms of gaining momentum with the finals just around the corner.

Bellamy is still trying to get a handle on his side and said he would use the blockbuster as a measuring stick.

"It will certainly let us know where we are at," he said.

"Probably with a couple of the games the last month, it’s a little bit hard to know exactly where we are at.

"All the players are looking forward to it, obviously Storm and Manly games are always keenly contested and it will be a good test for us

"We’ve had a great rivalry over a long period of time – I think there is more respect there than anything else."

Openly says the referees are professionals but incinuates they are not by feeling the need to remind them to be.

Love to see Toovey respond with Hopefully the referees don't turn a blind eye to any illegal activities from the *big 3*

that is a big passive aggressive act on bellamy's part and totally hypocritical. bagging Toovey for trying to influence the refs but doing exactly that himself. the scum will always be cheaters and liars with bellamy at the helm, he needs to learn how to play the game fair and square not in the cheating underhand way he does. and yes, the scum will win the penalty count and they will win most if not all the 50/50s as per usual

The book the Melbourne Storm don't want you to read

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/the-book-the-melbourne-storm-dont-want-you-to-read/story-fni3gpfg-1226687751022

I think i'll buy a copy of this book & then go up to Bellamy asking him to sign it for me. For the price of the book it would be worth the reaction!

Herald Sun = 100% owned by News Ltd
Bellyache = 100% owned by News Ltd
Storm = (formally) 100% owned by News Ltd

Business as usual.

You normally hear this exact statement from an opposition coach after an outburst.

Many have done it. (cue meninga)

It was just amazingly formulaic and laughably said without a hint of irony.

In conclusion: The storm and everything it touches is terrible for the game.

This is great stuff lol Everyone has a vendetta against Manly. Funnily enough, most people I know reckon we get all the good deals!!

Darren said:
This is great stuff lol Everyone has a vendetta against Manly. Funnily enough, most people I know reckon we get all the good deals!!

I hope you tell them that Manly has been cleared of systematic doping and they should be looking at Essendon or the Sharks if that's what they're interested in.

mickqld said:
Did Martina not see the Canberra game last week. Fat lot of good 2V complaining about refs did in that game. What a tool.
You beat me to it Mick, we got doubled in penalties in the following game to this supposed outburst where everyone, bar Bellamy & his pet gerbil thought Toovey was on the money.
Also still think the Hiku no try has slid under the carpet again, common sense try all day.
Moral of the story....never take a man who spits & slobbers like a dog too seriously.

MadMarcus said:
Toovey should now come out to the media and say he is confident that the refs won't be influenced by Bellamy coming out into the media and saying they will not be influenced by Toovey...

Nah I prefer the direct honest approach. 2V should just come out and call Bellamy a ****ing cheat and be done with it.

Bellyache must be worried we're going to hurt his team. He wants the refs to go easy on his team and hard on Manly obviously.

MK Eagle said:
mickqld said:
Did Martina not see the Canberra game last week. Fat lot of good 2V complaining about refs did in that game. What a tool.
You beat me to it Mick, we got doubled in penalties in the following game to this supposed outburst where everyone, bar Bellamy & his pet gerbil thought Toovey was on the money.
Also still think the Hiku no try has slid under the carpet again, common sense try all day.
Moral of the story....never take a man who spits & slobbers like a dog too seriously.

I think vs the Raiders it was Manly that got the first 3 penalties of the game though. All of which I can conclude Toovey's blast was good for about 25 minutes of game time. He will need to do better next post game rant!

mickqld said:
MadMarcus said:
Toovey should now come out to the media and say he is confident that the refs won't be influenced by Bellamy coming out into the media and saying they will not be influenced by Toovey...

Nah I prefer the direct honest approach. 2V should just come out and call Bellamy a f**king cheat and be done with it.

And ask all the players to bring their 2007 premiership rings with them and hand them over.

globaleagle said:
And ask all the players to bring their 2007 premiership rings with them and hand them over.

In the match program we should put "2007 premiership ring handover" as the half time entertainment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7