Manly on FOX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RiverEagle said:
Yeah watching it now too.

RIP the old Moose.

Time-warp TV.

And we even got treated to the famous "Blocker tap on the head" incident.

Does anyone remember how many weeks he got for that ?

Playing surface doesn't look any better than it was on Friday night

Still remember that game very well. It was the first game I ever went to.
Massive crowd, was probably as good as it gets for a first timer a brookie.

Yeah Tooves with hair, the heathen-Hasler in the centres, and Cliffy...God as always.

No don't remember what Blocker got for the love-tap on Eddie Ward @simon64 but it was still amusing nearly a quarter of a century on.

Can you believe how long ago that was?

I loved footy in a different way back then.

Good win for us that day too.

simon64 said:
RiverEagle said:

RIP the old Moose.

Time-warp TV.

4 matches and fined $5,000 !

Hate to admit but

3 Hasler - Big hand in 2 early tries and everywhere in defence but the hair got him over the line
2 Toovey - Typical Tooves in everything and scored 2 tries which both required more than just backing up
1 Liddiard - Magic step and speed for one assist and miracle ball for another

Brookie looked amazing. 23k and no empty patches to be seen. I forgot about how the hill used to wrap around to the FM Stand with a tunnel underneath for access. Not sure why that was changed.

Yeah it took me a while to recognise it. Brookie with the "extra" hill.

I almost fell over when they gave the crowd figure. There's no way know you'd get that many in there now.

Exactly, if we didn't attend, we would not have seen a televised version.

I think we only used to get one game a week when Moose was calling them on TV.

Some Saturday games were on the ABC.

Remember dashing for the bus to make it home to watch the end - in B&W back in the 70's. :)

Video killed the RL Attendances :(

HappilyManly said:
Exactly, if we didn't attend, we would not have seen a televised version.

I think we only used to get one game a week when Moose was calling them on TV.

Some Saturday games were on the ABC.

Remember dashing for the bus to make it home to watch the end - in B&W back in the 70's. :)

Video killed the RL Attendances :(

You could probably add to that the fact that back then (the 60s, 70s, and possibly some of the 80s) shopping centres closed on Saturdays at noon and didn't open up again on Monday morning so more people would then be able to go to the footy to fill some time over the weekend (especially during the colder months).

As for footy coverage back then, 7 used to show the match of the round on Sunday night after the news and during the news, Rex would tell you to leave the room if you didn't want to know the score. 7 then lost the TV rights to 10 who also used to show the match of the round on Sunday night after the news. The ABC used to have a game on every Saturday afternoon at 3pm.

I remember the ABC coverage with Warren Boland. They used to replay it on Sunday morning. I remember watching a game against Wests when Peter Jackson chimed in with "Wests think tackle is something you take fishing". We were giving them a fair touch up.

The two of them were waxing lyrical about a replacement that come on that day. His name was Steve Menzies.

globaleagle said:
simon64 said:
RiverEagle said:

RIP the old Moose.

Time-warp TV.

4 matches and fined $5,000 !

Blocker may have been tough on the field but the post match radio commentary reported that he got smacked by his Mrs for the on-field incident (not sure how much truth there is to that). Still remember it like it was yesterday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6