Manly old boy: Tim Dwyer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Not sure if many of you would remember Tim Dwyer.
He played only one season in 1st grade for Manly (1988) and afterwards, two seasons for Easts. He covered for Dale Shearer.

Tim is still a Manly fan and looks like he made sure his kid is too.
Here's a nice story of him in 2013 and a pic of him without his mullet:

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...soft-spot-for-manly-councillor-tim-b/2025456/

Tim's Quote:
"Despite the fact everyone hates Manly, it is a fantastic club with a great attitude amongst the players." (the Arko "culture" was long established before the current crop of players and confirmed by Gifty's farewell speech - so Choc doesn't know what he's on about).

Some of his ex Manly team mates were:
Fatty Vautin, Phil Daley, Kevin Ward, Greg Austin, Geoff Toovey, Cliffy Lyons, Noel Cleal, Mal Cochrane, Owen Cunningham, Stuart Davis, Marty Gurr, Charlie Haggett, Michael O'Connor, Dave Ronson, Joe Ropati, Dale Shearer, Jeremy Ticehurst, Glenn Ryan, Richie Poulsen, Mark Pocock, Matty Burke, etc.

Did Tim play in the 1988 reserve grade grand final winning team?

Nobody really remembers Reserve Grade records.
Not sure if you can find it via Google.
He said Hanley broke his jaw with a knee and I believe Tim never played for Manly again after that.

I remember his first , first grade game for Manly against the Dogs in 1988 at Belmore, we had half a reserve grade side in that day and Dwyer at fullback had a blinder

Yeah he was good
I remember his first , first grade game for Manly against the Dogs in 1988 at Belmore, we had half a reserve grade side in that day and Dwyer at fullback had a blinder

Yeah he was good, saw him play in reserves and firsts. He went to the roosters when they were at their lowest ebb, and still played well at fullback for them as they got flogged 30 nil repeatedly.

I disagree. Someone should let Wayne know it's never to late for a paternity test.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6