Manly: No more clauses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
No more clauses

Manly took steps to eradicate get-out clauses from players' contracts in the lead-up to Des Hasler's departure from Brookvale, saving the club from a mass exodus of talent.

Read the full article

BE try and use the submit article function for news mate

RE: No more clauses

Gee that is a concern that 'one source close to the Manly club' has revealed all this.

Tomato or BBQ?

Looks like a lot of forward planning Needed for beyond next year
You would imagine Lyon would retire after 2013 anyway?

Lyon will be a massive influence on the team this year. If his heart is 100 per cent in it he will pull the whole team with him. The problems will only start if he feels like too much ha changed and thinks about going.

I am confident that kingy will have a positive influence on the squad so hope that killer folllows suit

I think we will find that Choc is going to take on a bigger leadership roll next year. I think he feels he wants to emulate the Beaver's career in being a 1 club legend.

If he does, I'll dead set land him a good job post footy as well if he wants one. I have mountains of businesses (don't think corporate would suit tbh), that would jump at the chance to get some leverage, and give him a go.

We look after our own.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly took steps to eradicate get-out clauses from players' contracts in the lead-up to Des Hasler's departure from Brookvale, saving the club from a mass exodus of talent.

Read the full article

BE try and use the submit article function for news mate
Don't work with the phone

Good! I'm sick of hearing about bloody get out clauses. If you sign with the club it should be for the set period regardless of the coach, the bloke who cleans the ****houses or the team mascot leaving.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Killer would be close to 31 or 32 by the end of 2013. Can't see him going anywhere but the UK.

Glenn and Brett might get one more NRL contract, but when things settle down next year I'd be very surprised if they jump ship.

We can't keep em all, this is when we have to trust the club to make wise choices...It serves no purpose to think otherwise.

Yeah I agree, reckon Jamie will head back to the UK , altough with exchange rates as they are now that's not as attrractive as it was a few years ago.

I'm devastated that players will be thinking about their futures on the completions of their currents contracts. How will we survive?

I am less impressed with former coaching staff and more impressed with club leadership each day..... If this is true.

To realise this danger and then be able to convince these players to change their contracts, in a way that actually takes away some leverage from them, is not an easy do so as much as it sucks to lose Crusher I am able to sit back and let the new leadership and coaching do their thing and stop worrying about us having to field a toyota cup side this year.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yeah I agree, reckon Jamie will head back to the UK , altough with exchange rates as they are now that's not as attrractive as it was a few years ago.

I don't think it's so much the exchange rates which make the ESL not as an attractive option as it once was. From my understanding the British government reigned in the very favourable tax rates for athletes in the UK which had much larger impact on the players take home pay from playing any sport in GB.

Mark from Brisbane said:

He said he wanted to go back to st helens, which is respectable

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4