Manly No Longer Pushovers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
When I first started supporting the Sea Eagles in the late 60s and early 70s, there were many seasons in which we were the classiest attacking sides and looked like the top team many times.

Come semi-final time however, the Dragons and the Rabbits in particular used strong-arm and brutal tactics to bash us and in many instances we fell apart. We didn't cope with the rough stuff and the other clubs knew it.

Come 2011 and our team stood up to the trash and garbage that 'spewed out' of Melbourne and we showed the world how to beat them.

No longer are the Sea Eagles soft or pushovers. Depite the imminent suspensions, these blokes will stand up and do us proud!!!

I think we showed we were no pushovers a long time ago. Try the 1973 GF when we bashed the Sharks into the ground or the 1970 GF when Sattler had his jaw smashed by Bucknal. Or the 1978 season when the Westies tried it on and we bashed them senseless. Thats when we showed we were no pushovers.

We didn't stand up in 2007. I was almost embarrassed that night.

It won't happen again in 2011

And I wonder why we're hated? Just when we started getting 'likeable'?

. No, it's because we're one of the best, most ruthless, most physical winners in the comp.

They 'like' us when we're ordinary, easy-beats and soft.

They don't like us.... they never will.

Cw surprising comments.

Fridays crap showed such a lack of mental toughness it's astounding.
To let a grub like Blair derail our season makes me sick.

The storm would be stoked with the outcome even though they lost the game.

bob dylan said:
We didn't stand up in 2007. I was almost embarrassed that night.

It won't happen again in 2011

I wanted our pack fired for cowardice on that night,i didn't wear another manly piece till after the sharks game in 2008 when they grew a set

Byso - I am not talking about a few mad minutes in a fight on Friday. I am talking about the whole game in which we dominated them. The incident was disappointing but we owned them for most of the 80 minutes.

No Manly player did anything wrong on Friday. They played the cards they were dealt and I'd support every one of them 100 times over.
Your comments are stupid Byso. Melbourne didn't cleverly bait our guys into a predicament. They started **** & it was abliged as it should've been.
Don't start your right wing, high & mighty crap.

We'll see how many players get sidelined over this then come back and tell us how great the incidents were.

Also the responses from the manly players was an over reaction and should have known better

Wouldn't care for you backing in a stoush Byso. While I was getting belted, you'd be sitting back thinking of the 'greater good'.

byso said:
We'll see how many players get sidelined over this then come back and tell us how great the incidents were.

Mate if Manly players getting suspended is all we have to worry about then Lifes pretty good.

This incident will further unite or team, club and supporters.

We cannot be beaten.

Stand up and fight for what you believe in, dont take the soft, often politically correct option by agreeing with the system.

1 week each for Stewart and Blair and individaual fines for other players and clubs. The NRL would be stupid to rub a heap of players out for the finals. Unless they want to Dragons or Broncos to win. I feel anothe conspiracy theory coming on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4